Riding on the roll back

Well I had to go to the airport to pick up my neighbors who were returning from Florida. All went fine made a short side trip and was driving just outside the 3 lane tunnel heading to the coast highway and NO POWER did my foot fall asleep? OH NO big trip planed and the mighty Trident 5.4 engine is just flat as a $2.00 breakfast. Well I called for a wrecker and with two passengers with me I got to ride up on top of the Rollback. OH BOY just what I need a wounded truck and could it be bad gas from Safeway ?
Well as it turned out when I had the oil changed two weeks ago they forgot to re-tighten the outlet side of the air cleaner and it fell open. Can't believe how that big engine fell flat with out that restriction of air flow through the filter.
Sure going to let the mechanic know and thank goodness or State Farm road side coverage.

Steve :scooter:

Hey Steve cool story , I had to do a similar ride years ago, but on a car trailer, funny thing is I was hitting the brakes and stearing even thou it was chained on lol
Rob

Insecurity

Hey Steve cool story , I had to do a similar ride years ago, but on a car trailer, funny thing is I was hitting the brakes and stearing even thou it was chained on lol
Rob
When I was riding on the back of the rollback truck my neighbor Lisa said I didn't have to steer because I had my hands on the wheel and was inadvertently and unconsciously trying to move the wheel. That is funny but I did not use the brakes.

Your so right there I was in a mini panic mode till Randy spotted the boot was off. He gave me the sign like he has magic hands and I then got out of the truck and sure enough the part was loose.

well its always good when it ends in an easy fix. I took my fathers tahoe up the road the other day to pick up some scrap metal. put it in reverse to back out of their driveway and Pop buzzz. No reverse. Managed to get it turned around and drive home. Guess what we did today. Dropped the tranny :doah: Suposidly some drum thing inside breaks pretty common. We are going to try and fix it ourselves. never rebuilt an auto before. they say their easier than manual trannys. we shall see
Iv been pretty lucky on the road. the only times i had to be towed when my brakes went out and when my axle fell out. Guess i could have made it home on both occasions but my brother works for a shop so it wasnt worth the trouble :laugh: Another time I was driving home from school in my 46 willys jeep and it was real sluggish the whole way. didnt have enough umph to make it up the hill. had to call my brother i thought it was fuel. turned out to be the distributor cap was only half clipped on :laugh:

Well it was tight parked on the side of the road so we didn't even get out till the wrecker showed up. The law says that driver are to move over when they pass an emergency vehicle. but I didn't see even one car even try.

Well it was tight parked on the side of the road so we didn't even get out till the wrecker showed up. The law says that driver are to move over when they pass an emergency vehicle. but I didn't see even one car even try. Steve :scooter:
Same deal here. I was a tow truck driver for 3 1/2 years till a few months ago. When I drove the rollback I would watch for cars of coarse as I was loading and got most of those ass holes attention.. They will move over when you throw chains out in front of them!:thumbsup:

Yes they did a big campaign about this last year but people just ignore these things like the ban on cellular phone use. They just creep back to a leval thet the police just seem to think it's not worth the effort to stop everyoe.
They need a faster way to give these type of tickets with out the writing out the ticket like a scanner of the drivers license the insurance and then zip bang your in the soup.

I think they should take away your licence and your car and your phone for a few years if you have an accident while on the phone. That might send just a small messege

TomH

It is wide open in Oklahoma, text, talk whatever, looks like a bunch of drunks driving around, weaving, sitting at green lights. They passed a law, but you have to have a wreck first. They also passed a move over or slow down law recently. I think they put them on the books, so there is one in place after the fact.They can't charge anybody unless there is a law in place. Glad it was a minor problem Stephen and all is well now.