Roadster gokart

Dan-E-boy

Hi guys,
Just wanted to share a recent fun kart purchase and the progress I've made on it.. it showed up on Craigslist and I thought it was cool so I had to get it.. the previous owner had it sitting in his back yard for years so the paint was faded and the tecumseh in it wasn't working.. the guy turned out to be Boyd codingtons(RIP) cousin.. he also is a fabricator, painter, builder.. very cool guy.. so I brought the car home and took off the body.. first thing was to get the kart running.. I replaced the tecumseh with a nice running briggs and put a new chain.. the rear wheels were flat and the tires were the turf saver tread.. I didn't like that look and to me, roadsters look best with sawtooth up front and slicks in the rear.. so I replaced the turf tires with slicks and new tubes.. the kart runs great now.. here are some pics of how I got it and also of the kart with the new engine and slicks..

Dan-E-boy

Next came the paint on the body.. originally I wanted to do a fancy paint job but I didn't want to do it and have one of my nephews crash it or scrape it.. so I decided to paint it rat rodish style.. first thing that came to mind was flat black and flames... But then I looked at an old pic of a roadster that I liked and it had a flat redish brown color to it.. brick red is what I call it.. so here are some pics of the paint and some more of the flame job I did to it..

Dan-E-boy

Thanks guys, tomorrow I put the body back on the kart and hopefully get some video of it on here putting around.. still planning on painting in some numbers,lettering and pinstriping to make it look more like an old dry lake racer..

bandit 40

Thanks Bandit:thumbsup:.. the more you do the easier they get.. I remember the first ones I did were on a helmet and they looked more like seeweed then flames..:laugh:
Yeah your kart is sweet I would love to come across one like that Just keep them pictures coming Dan-E :thumbsup:

Dan-E-boy

I second that. :thumbsup:
Thanks Adrenaline, flames will never go out of style.. I think what makes flames look the best is the pinstriping.. if you look at the pics before they got the blue pinstripe, they didn't look as cool or pop out to much.. a little outline with a contrasting color and BAMB!! They pop out way more...:laugh: