round slide carb on an OHH60?

Ive been messing with a baja brand 49cc dirt bike, which uses a PZ20 carb. This little 49cc is fast, and has me wondering about the carb size on my sons OHH60 he's using to power his OldMiniBikes Build-Off trike.

The OHH60 is probably over 200cc's, is the stock carb what is limiting its power? (his OHH60 runs great, its not like it has any problems) Would a larger carb wake it up? Maybe with a shorter intake?

What size round slide carb has been used on similarly sized engines? What does the stock carb measure- does anyone know without me tearing his carb off?

Motra

I wouldn't put an aftermarket carb on that engine without a billet rod and flywheel. The engine's not designed for that kind of RPM. If that stock flywheel blows apart it's a good thing you're a medic because he'll need one.

If you have a hankerin' to modify something, you'd probably be better off with a Predator or something like that. Performance parts are plentiful and relatively inexpensive for them.

Last edited:
Its got a TAV. I wasnt really looking to increase the engines rpm, just the power it makes in the current rpm range. I dont know how I would ever retain the governor with a throttle cable like the PZ24 24mm carb uses though. The OHH60 isnt diassapointing, but I think he will be upset that a 49cc dirt bike feels more powerful. Ive had quite a few OHH60's in the past, and know there is nothing wrong with his current engine.

The gearing was 10/60 with a 14" tall tire. We just changed it to a 10/54 with a 12.5 inch tall tire so the overall ratio is about the same.

no the engine is not limited by the carbs flow values... The jetting is preset, so messing with anything, or just age, will cause it to be a turd.. But if the jetting is rite, it makes plenty of power..

Like mentioned DO NOT over wind this motor.. they will blow up..

But you can shave the head or gasket down, ad a bigger exhaust and what not, and make more power for the rpms.. :shrug:

Its running just fine as-is. Ive owned quite a few of these motors, this is the only one Ive ever bought used as a matter of fact. I just know he will want more out of it knowing that a 49cc engine can give him a serious run for his money. cc's for cc's, its just not as impressive as the 49cc engine considering it has over 200cc's.

Its alo geared just fine, with a TAV and 10/60 gearing and 14 inch tall tires.