Rupp Black Widow

capguncowboy

2 things: First, your pictures didn't load. Second, the Black Widow isn't a 6" or smaller wheeled bike. Personally, it doesn't bother me, but rules are rules

Now, go get your pictures working so I can see that thing!

JimmyC

2 things: First, your pictures didn't load. Second, the Black Widow isn't a 6" or smaller wheeled bike. Personally, it doesn't bother me, but rules are rules

Now, go get your pictures working so I can see that thing!
Sorry about that. I read "Nothing new. Nothing imported. If it doesn't fit within these guidelines, post it in general." I don't see where it says 6" wheels.

Thanks YOOP for doing the pictures.

JimmyC

I hope this works. Here are the pictures. The bike is so nice it's in my dining room on display. I got some information on it and the bike was powder coated (frame and engine). The seat, torque converter cover (fiberglass) and decals are repoduction.

20150207_150455.jpg 20150207_150508.jpg

JimmyC

It really looks great, no credit to me. I'm so lucky to have acquired it. It was restored in the low to middle 1990's and looks awesome.

JimmyC

Could someone inform me if the chain cover (right side of bike) is original or reproduction. I question it because of the extra chrome plug insert. Thanks

capguncowboy

It looks like a Rupp guard. I know that some were reproduced at one point but I couldn't tell you the difference. I just know the 70 version had a slightly different mounting hole

markus

Could someone inform me if the chain cover (right side of bike) is original or reproduction. I question it because of the extra chrome plug insert. Thanks

I would say the guard probably was a 1970 that got modified to the 1971 version, and just so you know (not knocking the bike, its VERY NICE :thumbsup:) the wheels are incorrect, tires incorrect, and the shroud is wrong for BW as well. Also looks like it may be missing the rear reflector, cant tell for sure. Should pull the seat and see what the serial number tag looks like, My guess is the bike was built and not original BW but they still did a great job at it....shows very well!!!!

Have you ridden it yet? I LOVE the way they run with the dell's as opposed to stock configuration, kinda loud with the open pipe, but just a way better overall running bike over stock HS40's

JimmyC

I would say the guard probably was a 1970 that got modified to the 1971 version, and just so you know (not knocking the bike, its VERY NICE :thumbsup:) the wheels are incorrect, tires incorrect, and the shroud is wrong for BW as well. Also looks like it may be missing the rear reflector, cant tell for sure. Should pull the seat and see what the serial number tag looks like, My guess is the bike was built and not original BW but they still did a great job at it....shows very well!!!!

Have you ridden it yet? I LOVE the way they run with the dell's as opposed to stock configuration, kinda loud with the open pipe, but just a way better overall running bike over stock HS40's
There is a rear reflector that was tucked under the seat and I attached it. I knew the tires were not correct. Didn't know the rims were incorrect. Haven't ridden it. The guy I got it from did ride it (good friend) about 7 years ago. I really didn't want to run it as it looks so good.