Rupp Black Widow

markus

Just curious as to what's wrong with the shroud?
studs for the recoil, they were only used on lighted coil engines in that era of shroud. non lighted (in this case 1971 Enduro/black widow/hustler) used screws to hold the recoil. Not a bad problem to have really, If you wanted to add lights to the bike you would not have to change or mod the shroud to gain clearance for the lighted flywheel :thumbsup:

and yes Jimmy that would be the numbers for black widows and early 1972 frames. I think possibly the Swinger trails as well :shrug:, I never kept a record of the number that were on the 2 swinger bikes I owned though so I can't confirm. Oh yea, you need to ride that thing...at least once :laugh:

JimmyC

studs for the recoil, they were only used on lighted coil engines in that era of shroud. non lighted (in this case 1971 Enduro/black widow/hustler) used screws to hold the recoil. Not a bad problem to have really, If you wanted to add lights to the bike you would not have to change or mod the shroud to gain clearance for the lighted flywheel :thumbsup:

and yes Jimmy that would be the numbers for black widows and early 1972 frames. I think possibly the Swinger trails as well :shrug:, I never kept a record of the number that were on the 2 swinger bikes I owned though so I can't confirm. Oh yea, you need to ride that thing...at least once :laugh:
Thank you for the information. It's in the dining room now (nice and clean). When it gets warmer out I will take it for a ride or 2 :thumbsup:.

toomanytoys

Nice looking bike. A lot of incorrect parts, but has some of the desirable parts on it. IE the carb.

I'd rock it. I have one as well, and it has quite a bit of incorrect parts on it as well. If I had your carb and rear fender I'd be set.