Rupp Roadster 2 Progress

The Rupp is finally painted! That 2pt urethane clear areosol is some awesome stuff! I did not make a start to finish log with this project as I was sure it was going to be awhile to finish it. I have to say this is the most extensive restoration I have ever done on anything. All I have left is to get the NOS HS40 block painted and little stuff here and there. I started this in mid 2007 and hope to get the rest done before the white stuff comes, maybe in a couple of weeks? I still need to get a dellorto intake and exhaust manifold. Here are some pics I took today, This is the first time this bike has been outside in 2 years.

Last edited:
Thanks! :thumbsup: I still have alot to do yet I think but the hard stuff is finally done. It is going to kill me to have to put gas and oil in this :doah: I am still PO'ed about the pics since it looks alot better in person. I took these pics with my brothers GF's 8.0 MP cam and it still doesnt do it justice.

Thanks! The tires are Cheng Shin C-131 3.00-12. When I got the bike it had a shot rupp motorcross tire on the rear and a very nice rupp trials on the front. I chose to use these instead since they are new and this bike will only see concrete and these tires better suit what I will use it for. Also less chance of throwing debris at the paint/powdercoating and I know these will pass the DOT inspection.

Man that is SUPER.:thumbsup: Do you need the little stubby exhaust manifold or is it something different. Or are you talking the whole pipe?

Thanks Randy. I just need the bolt on manifold that has about 1" of pipe on it. I have the flanges from ruppparts so I could make one but I cant find the right "OD" pipe that will fit in the black widow exhaust pipe. I can get both manifolds brand new for $70 shipped but dang I am very low on funds. Thats why I am looking for one of those minibike S-bend exhaust that has some rust or blown out muffler end that I can cut and make a manifold from. I still have alittle time yet to figure out what I am going to do.

Well I don't have any real updates as of yet but I guess this will be put on hold alittle longer now thanks to evilbay :hammer: I just bought another Dellorto UA19S that was complete and as a bonus it came with the air cleaner I was looking for so I wouldnt have to use the velocity stack on my roadster 2, I hated the idea of running no air cleaner. I thew out an offer for $40 shipped and won it :thumbsup: Now I have almost enough parts to put together a black widow if I can ever find a real roller.

I did get the tank decals on but now we got hit with some pretty wild heat waves and humidity so I have to hold off on powdercoating a few parts, not sure if that even matters. Engine is painted and almost ready to be put on the bike but I want to wait untill I get those manifolds in hand.

A good update finally, I just sold a bunch of stuff on a car forum and made out like a bandit. Looks like Monday I will be ordering my intake and exhaust manifolds and with any luck by the end of next week my Rupp will officially be done and running :thumbsup:

I got my other dellorto in the mail yesterday, it cleaned up alot better than I thought it would, Came with an indian intake manifold that bolts right onto my H50 (my carb testing motor) and ran like a watch. But the air cleaner is a flop :hammer: It was rusted so bad on one part of the cover it ate a hole in it and its has its fair share of rust pits. I didnt care so much about the pitting as I could level it off and had planned on powdercoating the cover but its too far gone. The base/clamp however is like NOS. I need a dellorto air cleaner cover so if you know of one let me know, surface rust is fine just need one without rust holes and major pitting. Here is a pic of the cover I am looking for:

Got the last of all the parts I need for the Roadster in today. Here is a mockup pic of the dellorto somewhat installed. It's supposed to rain for the rest of the week so I'll have some time to get the rest done. Finally after over 2 years I don't need any more parts lol.. I hope. Maybe in a day or 2 I'll finally get to fire it up for the 1st time. I'll get more pics when the rest is done and a video maybe.

It's pretty much done except I need to put the brake light switch on. Runs like a champ and zooms really good! Impressed me. Put 1.1 miles on it today lol. I'll have a video today when my DV cam gets charged up.

Thanks guys! It's a super machine and think I went alittle overboard when I did this one. It's actually too nice for me to have and needs to be somewhere it can really be appreciated. It turned out ALOT better than I had planned but for some reason the feeling I had when I started the project is not the same, I dunno.. maybe it's because cold weather is getting closer and I got it done too late in the year... or it's the amount of money I sunk into it or the fact it took almost 2 years to finish it so I got used to it sitting around and forgot about it sometimes :confused: my hobby life span is very short and always look for new things to do.

Last edited: