Rupp Roadster 2 Progress

Can I trade my 72 roadster 2 and 70 parts bike in for cash for clunkers so that I can afford to buy that from you. But then I would be in the same boat as you, that is way to nice to ride all the time.

PS do you have a extra recoil, mine is missing and I have had a hard time finding a old Tech around here, I just don't know were they all went.

Thanks guys!

Dobber- I think I do have an extra recoil, You are talking about the pull starter and not the whole blowerhousing? Let me check later tonight.

Randy- I know, I've been dragging my feet on the project for way too long.

guardrail dave- I have alittle over $2,500 invested give or take and thats with the cost of the bike which I overpaid, I've also bought parts for it then sold them when I changed my mind on certain things or if a better deal came up. I really don't expect to get that much but if I asked $1,800-2K for it I'd probably have a hard time selling it. The only way I could make out decent would be to part it out which I can't see doing, but it could boil down to that if I want it gone bad enough. There is a demand for parts but not complete bikes. Don't get me wrong, the bike is wonderfull and has nothing to do with me wanting to part with it. It's just "I have it, what the hell am I going to do with it now" kinda thing.

Thanks guys!

The only way I could make out decent would be to part it out which I can't see doing, but it could boil down to that if I want it gone bad enough. There is a demand for parts but not complete bikes. Don't get me wrong, the bike is wonderfull and has nothing to do with me wanting to part with it. It's just "I have it, what the hell am I going to do with it now" kinda thing.
I'm with you, the thing, I think is shipping. I seen a Wards bike with a lighted H50 sell for $110 just last week. He would not ship the bike. Had he pulled the engine and offered shipping he would have had $300 + in his pocket and still owned the bike.:doah: I inquired to him; if I bought the bike would he pull the engine and two speed and throw them in a box and ship them and his reply was a simple, No.... O-well.. Tony, I plan on hitting the lotto on Wednesday so when it happens I'll come over and give you your $2,500.00
If I don't hit the lotto and you don't need the money I would park it in the house and forget about it for 5 or 10 years. I think the return on the investment will out preform your 401K. And you can't wax a stack of money.

Last edited:
Thanks delray & markus!!!

Randy- I agree that shipping does play a big part when selling something. I would have no problem with shipping as long as the buyer knows what the cost is. Alot of sellers could make alot more money if they'd consider shipping like you described, it's their loss but, again somebody else winds up with a good deal. Hope this Wednesday you hit the big jackpot! :thumbsup:

I changed the oil on the Rupp today and rode around alittle bit and it was a blast. It kinda takes the fun out of it when you can't ride where you normally ride since I won't ride on dirt or gravel with this bike. I still havent taken it over 20mph since it still needs to be broken in, but it performs alot better than I had expected. I did get a nice little filter that fits over the velocity stack on the dellorto so I don't suck up any crap.

Dobber- I do have a recoil for ya. I'll PM you the details.

Also decided the bike is getting parted out. I havent figured out how I am going to do it yet as far as selling as a roller or strip it down to each part.

dobber- I just sent you a PM with the details. The bike I am parting is the Rupp but I am going to hold off on that untill next spring, It's too late in the year to try and part it out now.