Rupp roadster hot rod project

Well I bent up a exhaust and have a issue. My tube bender has a 3" radius on bends so the pipe sticks out where it exits the head and then tucks under the seat. I am covering it with fiberglass header covering but it will still be hot. Any ideas?? Have a TQ belt on order and then should be able to test it. Need to install TQ make a cover and chainguard and paint the tank and engine shroud, wire it and that should be it.

Looks good as is. I would probably run it as is unless the seat starts showing signs of heat distortion or breakdown.

Bike looks good! :thumbsup:

Finally got to paint the tank and engine shroud. Use a red color that was called candy apple red but that was just the shade of the red. Put the red basecoat on then masked and painted a black stripe down the middle of the tank and then before clearcoats used gold striping tape between black stripe and the red. Then I tried using a special pearl intercoat clear with some gold pearl, then the clearcoats. I have never used pearl before and did not realize it changes the color depending on how much pearl you use and the pearl color. Anyway It changed the red to kind of a red-orange but it really glistens in the sunlight, and the gold over the black is really cool looking. Cant wait to finish this thing. I made up a chain guard and could not use the Rupp converter cover as it was too long and the tav 30 center hub is wider than the depression in the cover. I sound up using the rupp Tav 2 cover.

Thanks, cant wait to ride it just need to wire it up, start and tune and then try it. Paint tec sheet for the clearcoat says 72 hours for a complete cure. Have it sitting out in the Texas sun and wouldn't you know it is mostly cloudy.

Well got it running and it goes like stink. My niece and Nephew are coming with the 3 kids so I have made a number of restrictor plates to prevent them from wheeling and going too fast. Here is a video before the restrictor.