rupp sprint specs??

I just picked up a 69 rupp sprint that had the rear wheel sprocket changed and the stock exhaust is missing. I want to know what the stock exhaust was and what size was the stock rear sprocket?

markus

sprocket is 72 tooth for a sprint. the muff according to the brochure looks like one of these:

Last edited:
does anybody know if the muffler has one big hole in the end or 7 little holes like the ones in the picture above? Also, the brochure shows it with the larger 5.30/4.50-6 tires made by General instead of the rupp branded 14x6 tires. Did they come both ways?

Thanks jmbmini, The old photos and the brochure pics were a great help. I actually already have that double elbow fitting that goes between the muffler and the motor, so all I need is a stock muffler to make it correct.

Nice bike knucklebanger! Keep it original as possible! You don't see too many of that model in that condition.
Thanks!! I agree, they are only original once. I am only carefully cleaning it without changing anything. I am adding a nos muffler and returning the stock rear sprocket (that came with it) to the rear wheel. It has a rupp 14x6 front tire and a 14x6 rupp TRIALS tire on the rear. Some of my digging around on the internet leads me to believe that some of them came stock with two different tires, am I correct about this?

If you have not cleaned the chrome yet. Use #0000 super fine steelwool and "Not a SOS Pad" like most people do and end up destroying the chrome finish. After you clean it with the #0000 steelwool use a good chrome cleaner and polish it out.