rupp sprint specs??

I too have heard that two differeent tires came on some bikes, but I'm thinking its only a rumor so someone can say they have a rare front tire, or rare back tire. I just don't know. :confused:

I too have heard that two differeent tires came on some bikes, but I'm thinking its only a rumor so someone can say they have a rare front tire, or rare back tire. I just don't know. :confused:
Well, I looked on the Blackwidowmotorsports site and they have the factory parts manual for 1969. I looked up the 69 sprint and it actually listed two different tires with two different part numbers, as well as two different tire descriptions. I don't really care what tires are on a machine, as long as they are round and roll :scooter: But I do want this particular bike to be 100% stock according to factory specs, and it appears my machine has the original tires on it.

Here is the breakdown. Knucklebanger is correct! Part #69 and part#70
This is turning into an obsession for me now!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I find myself looking through all the parts explosions and lists trying to figure out all the small differences on the 69 model bikes. I have a serious obsession with the small tire rupps of 69 and earlier.

markus

its always confusing because the Brochures alot of times, and in this case, are misleading. Most likely because the tires weren't ready yet etc.. 1970 catalog is the same way.

So knuckle, what is the script on the front tire anyway, Is it a stamped Rupp tire, or is it just marked "UNIVERSAL"?

its always confusing because the Brochures alot of times, and in this case, are misleading. Most likely because the tires weren't ready yet etc.. 1970 catalog is the same way.

So knuckle, what is the script on the front tire anyway, Is it a stamped Rupp tire, or is it just marked "UNIVERSAL"?
Yes, the front tire just has " RUPP 14x6 " and the rear tire is " RUPP TRIALS "
I find this strange that the parts catalog calls it a "trails" tire leading you to believe that it would be good for riding on "trails", and the tire actually says "trials" like it is the type of machine for competing in "trials" :shrug: I am wondering if there is a story behind that somewhere? Maybe there was someone who ordered the tires and got confused?:blink:

The way the parts breakdown reads to me is one part number is for trials tire and tube, the other part number is just for the trials tire.

The way the parts breakdown reads to me is one part number is for trials tire and tube, the other part number is just for the trials tire.
Yes, part #69 is the "trails" tire & tube and part #70 is just the "trails" tire. Both of those refer to the rear wheel. If you look at the exploded diagram it shows part #14 as being the front tire. The rear tire is part #13729 and the front tire is part #13810.

I know that written words can sometimes be taken the wrong way because you have no way of hearing the tone or seeing the expression of the person saying it. I just want to let everyone know that I appreciate all your help and hope I did not come off the wrong way with any of my posts.:cool2:

Yes, part #69 is the "trails" tire & tube and part #70 is just the "trails" tire. Both of those refer to the rear wheel. If you look at the exploded diagram it shows part #14 as being the front tire. The rear tire is part #13729 and the front tire is part #13810.
OK.. my bad. I thought we were just talking about the rear tire. :doah:

Here is some old pictures of someone's Sprint from back in the day.
That's mine! I posted those pictures on some mini bike site several years ago. I guess they are getting around. I got that mini bike for Christmas in 1969. I took those pictures in our backyard probably in the winter of 69/70. I was eleven at the time. I sold the Sprint in 1975 to buy a dirt bike.

Mike