Rupp TT500 Build

This is the before picture of my TT500. Pretty much complete as I got it. I bought this bike in July 08. When I brought it home I stripped it down to bare parts. I stripped the frame, fork uppers and swing arm using paint stripper and elbow greese. Once I hade it to bare metal I repaired the couple rust spots and also repaired the right side jackshaft mount.

The pivot rod was frozen in the swing arm but with a Lotta heat and a little luck I was able to free it up. I'm going to cut grooves in this and put a grease fitting in the bottom of the arm. That way it can be greased. The holes you see in the bottom of the swing arm where drilled by me. They enabled me to get penetrating lube in to help free up the pivot. The outer 2 will get welded shut and the center hole is getting a grease fitting.

These pics show the frame, swing arm and fork upper. These parts where stripped to bare metal. I needed to do a small amount of body work and then they where primed with a etching primmer and then 2 coats of a filler primmer to smooth everything out. As you see them, there ready for paint. The extra time spent on the primer should make a world of difference in the quality of the paint job. The one photo is of my bikes VIN. I kept sanding the primer off of it so it will "I hope" show up through the paint. When I paint it, it will be electric blue with a few coats of clear. But it's going on the back burner for now, I'll post more when I have them.:scooter:

Frames Painted

I shot the frame today. I wanted to use a Corvette Electric Blue but I had this paint on hand so I went ahead and used it. It's close enough for me and I already had the paint so it really did not cost me anything. It is a early 90's G.M Blue called Medium Quasar Metallic. I shot it with three coats and two coats of clear. I'm real happy with it. It has a lot of depth. Much nicer then the photo's show.
:scooter: