Ruppster Score!

Rupp 72

Picked this up yesterday, original ruppster, i was told 1971. It has the original Rockwell JLO 230 with electric start! Spent a day and a half working on it and already got the engine to run on a shot of gas. Looking to install the gas tank soon. The gas tank looks almost NOS. I also have all the other parts for it in a box, steering wheel, pedels, ect... Does anyone know how many years these were made? And how to differentiate between the years? Also i know the original engines get hot and overheat, and the engine fan sucks up dust. So what can be done to resolve these issues? Also any other info would be great!

myjunk

You beat me to it, I saw those listed on Craigslist, but it was too far for me to travel. Actually I was looking for the engine. If anybody knows where I can find a JLO 230 with electric start, please let me know. If you want a new Ruppster body, I can get you in touch with a guy here in Mi that is reproducing them. They look great and last I checked he was asking $900

myjunk

Anyone know where the vin number on these machines are?
Sadly they used a sticker that had the serial number stamped in it, of course many of those wore off over the years. Rupp did not keep very good records of how many machines were built, so I'm not sure we will ever have an accurate number. Rupp did make at least one change to the Ruppster when they went from a ABS plastic body to the fiberglass body.

You beat me to it, I saw those listed on Craigslist, but it was too far for me to travel. Actually I was looking for the engine. If anybody knows where I can find a JLO 230 with electric start, please let me know. If you want a new Ruppster body, I can get you in touch with a guy here in Mi that is reproducing them. They look great and last I checked he was asking $900
Could you send me the contact for ruppter bodies? Thanks