Russian Rokon???

WOW that was impressive to watch and I would bet it was real fun to drive. I never took my Rokon Trail Breaker Mach III near any water hazards but they say with the wheels that are tanks it would float. Like so many other things I don't know why I sold it.
Steve :scooter:

I like the way it knocks down and fits in bags.

Again with the wierd russian tyres though.
Not sure what to make of them.

And 2 stroke, not EPA compliant don't expect to import one unless you can pass it off as a fire pump.

WLB

That is just awesome. I want one. Don't think I have the guts to ride it up stairs though. Love the way he cleaned the mud off of it.

I did a Google search and translation. The builder's comments on spec's are below. Currently, it's a "one off" bike, and uses existing technology. The builder figures he can do one a week, but the overall consensus is that it's too expensive. (Russians chatting)

A brief about the first overall. Initially the machine was designed for the forest. How can I stop the forest, 10 kilometers, preferably in a straight line but to walk? The middle band is cluttered Russian forest, almost every 100-300 meters from the ravine 1 U20 depth examples, often with marsh and rivulet below. Of all the existing transport. funds almost always guaranteed that you will return from the forest on foot. The problem was posed - rover weight must not exceed 55 kg. that the average person could, if necessary, without a winch to pull it from any ambush. That's how this creation was born. Dry weight gain of 47 kg. (Affected interests in aircraft modeling experience). The second problem is the maximum reliability and maintainability under Russian realities. Paradoxically (in this title) margin and transmission frame turned even redundant. As we have not tortured, nothing to break failed, not counting the screws (which by the way quite a bit). And the third feature that somehow turned itself and totally not planned, it is an opportunity to pack terrain for a few minutes in the two bags. That opens quite interesting use cases, for example to take a train, bus, plane jump with a parachute with him, not speak already of the trunk of any car. Another feature is the simplicity of design and the possibility of recurrence of any workman little man.
Key performance characteristics.
5.5 hp engine. (modernized Ural 2T)
gears 3
max. speed 60 km. hour
wheel diameter 740 mm
track width 220 mm
tire pressure 0.13 kg / cm
Ground pressure min. 0.04 kg / cm.
clearance of 370 mm
steering angle of the front fork 55 degrees
Seat height 750 mm
5 liter tank.
weight 47 kg
disc brake on the intermediate shaft
Front-wheel drive chain from the intermediate shaft - double universal joint chain front wheel.
during disassembly min. (detached front fork is placed in the trunk of cars 80%) --- 10 seconds.
during disassembly max. (Two bags) --- 2 min.

That rig is insane... It appeared to me when the guy was washing off the mud to be two wheel drive? I sure wish I could lift one of my Baha warriors or Hawg Tys like that. They would fly off the shelves if available here.

Well as the Rokon progressed in it's beginning they cost what was considered high and my first view of them came from a rock shop owner who sold them in Long Beach, California and that was enough for me to be interested. I ended up buying a used shop demo bike in Sunland, California. It was love at first ride and the machine was very dependable with the Chrysler/West Bend engine. Back then a few people would remove the two stroke engine and replace it with a Honda Trail 90 engine the one with a Hi-Lo 4 speed gear box and drive that through the 3 speed Abalon kick start transmission. One feature of the Rokon was the flat spring sprague clutch the changed the two wheel drive into a rear wheel drive during turns that exceeded 15 degree off of center line. I could never ride good enough to bring the Rokon into it's true performance realm.
Steve :scooter:

I'll get in line for one if they were to go into production. I bet since it breaks down like it does it would be easier than one would think to get it here- :thumbsup:

zeeman

If that thing comes apart that easily, how does it stay together during a ride? It is cool. I've always wanted a Rokon, just not a Ruuski one.