rusted shut handel bar help

I just can't seem to get these bars loose. Perhaps a inside view of the gutts photo would help. I have been soaking, heating, soaking for 2 weeks. I would guess the screws are suppose to turn:confused:What about the fatter part behind the screw?? does it turn:shrug: HELP:rolleyes:

Patience, more soaking and some gentle heat from a propane torch may eventually get you there. I soaked and heated the lowers I'm putting on my DB for a month, I'd spray them twice a day and heat was applied gently so as not to jack up the springs. They are off and sandblasted now, for a while I wondered if they'd ever budge! You'll get there, but if you act out of haste you may screw them up. Again patience is your best tool!:thumbsup:

And get some WD40 or other penatrating oil, unless that's what's in the bucket.

I'm using wd40 and PB. I got those screw heads pretty :censure: up already. I'll try some more patience. Thanks :hammer::hammer::hammer:
I know it's tough, when you're trying to get something going and there's a snag. But had you decided to simply go at it you may get left with nothing to work with! Good call!:thumbsup:

did you try vice grips? although you dont want to snap them off. If you cut the heads off and pull them apart. youll be able to heat the area where they screw into better then youll still have a nub to grab onto to unscrew them.

Patience, more soaking and some gentle heat from a propane torch may eventually get you there. I soaked and heated the lowers I'm putting on my DB for a month, I'd spray them twice a day and heat was applied gently so as not to jack up the springs. They are off and sandblasted now, for a while I wondered if they'd ever budge! You'll get there, but if you act out of haste you may screw them up. Again patience is your best tool!:thumbsup:

And get some WD40 or other penatrating oil, unless that's what's in the bucket.

I had a similar problem with a rusted/stuck head tube bolt....finally it came using the above stated method. :thumbsup:

I had vice grips on there with a breaking bar....still no budge. I am starting to really strip the heads on the screws. I didn't try that evapo rust stuff yet. This bike was a total rust bucket but the handle bars wern't solid rust. Maybe I try a pipe wrench:eek:ut::eek:ut::hammer::hammer:

Tomorrow I buy vinegar and evapo rust. Somebody told me to try coke cola. Scarey that it did remove some rust. Next time I want a soda, I may have to re-think that:doah:

PB is good.
I think Kroil is better. Never had any rusted part not eventually submit to the power of Kroil.
You could also try smacking the bolt head or the barrel (via wood block) to initiate a little movement.

Vinegar is a good idea. Never used it to free rusted parts but I have used it to clean and it is effective.

I had the same issue with my saber bars...cut the heads of knock the bars out then try to get the rest of the bolt out...if not cut it flush, drill it, and tap it....Thats what i did and they came out very nice...:thumbsup:

i agree with drewman drill it and tap it it doesn't take that long and you'll have fresh, clean threads to work with. i'm impatiant, i would have probably waited a week then would have tried another method.:grind: