Salsbury Clutch Belt

I've got an 8 hp briggs in a bearkat, with a Salsbury clutch. I think need a different drive belt. The bike won't freewheel, and the belt appears to short and too wide. No # on the old belt. I've seen a guide for Comet clutches, but not a Salsbury. Any ideas?

Not sure if your bearkat is the same, but my twister has a 500 series. The driven is 7.5" diameter and set 10.5" from the driver, center to center. The one spare belt I have is a salsbury 900392. It's 7/8" wide and 36 3/4" in length. I haven't yet matched it to a currently available belt, Let me know what you find.

Mine's 7.5 driven, but 13" at the center of engine adjustment. The belt on it is over 1" wide, a little to short, and causes all kinds of problems. 7/8 looks right.

If you pull your belt snug (?), what's the distance between your belt and the clutch shaft? Maybe I can get an idea from that.

Yeah, I call it my clown bike, it makes everyone smile. Maybe I'll rent a costume and ride it in a parade. These bikes have all kinds of uses.

It is common for these trail machines to be hard to freewheel. If you get the belt loose enough to freewheel, you will lose a lot the torque convertor performance. If you must push the machine, spread the driven clutch open and wedge a short piece of wood in the center to hold the driven open( I was told this by a tote gote oldtimer). Comet 203788 is 7/8" wide and 36.78" length.

Thanks. The belt on it is 43.25 X 1 inch wide. The driven pulley is 7/8, so this one rides high and rubs on the brake drum. The engine is all the way back on adjustment, and is still slightly too short. Maybe a 7/8 the same length will allow the motor to slide forward. Could be expensive guessing wrong. T-500 Salsbury, if that matters.

I bought a Pix belt # A-203791 off e-bay. Appears to work. I figured out the width, and used this Comet clutch belt guide.

Comet Belt Charts | Go Kart Belts & Mini Bike Belts
I also use the 91 belt, and I bought the PIX off ebay.
Bought two of them.....

Managed to reduce them to crumb rubber in about 2 hours a piece.

No harm in buying one to test but expect better results using an OEM Comet belt.

Chewed this much off a pix belt in as I recall about 15 minuts of hard use tuning.