scratch built bike

markus

I bought this bike just for the wheels, which I believe are "Hands" I only saw pictures so I crossed my fingers hoping they were in good shape. It arrived today, and luckily they look like they are:thumbsup: In the pics it looked like maybe it was a modified production frame, but its scratch built. looks to be mostly galvanized but its built pretty well and actually kinda cool.....:shrug:

Bonus, the handlebars are in real nice shape, built like Italian bike bars with the flat spot on the bottom. Rear chrome shocks could be useable too as well as the neat boot covers on the front suspension.

Nice buy Markus. :thumbsup: The frame is actually kinda nice, only spot that bothers me is the kinked bend at the back where the seat would sit about. Sorry I can't explain very well. :doah:

markus

Nice buy Markus. :thumbsup: The frame is actually kinda nice, only spot that bothers me is the kinked bend at the back where the seat would sit about. Sorry I can't explain very well. :doah:

its actually 2 pieces welded together and shaped there. If I was ever going to do anything with it (which I wont:wink:) I would have a seat made to match that V kinda like a boatail speedster or something like that. I'll leave that for the next guy to figure out:laugh:

I just got the wheels pulled off it and stripped down, only broke 2 bolts:doah: but the wheels are real nice shape. they are actually for vintage go karts, what I might try and do is find a 4" hands front wheel and use one of these wheels for the back for the if I proceed with the Barris "mini dragger" theme on the stellar bike. Just checked ebay and there is one on there right now, a little pitted on one side though. Maybe I can get a kart guy to trade me one of the 6" for a 4" or something.......

Someone used some key features of a couple of bikes and did a good job on it, and galvanized is good as long as you aren't the one welding it.:thumbsup: Good score.

markus

I like the frame too! I just picked up a Fox Scamp last week...( only $100 ) but I like the design of your's better.
I'm gonna list it for sale on craigslist locally if you interested For like $30 for the frame/forks to get it out of here. I'm roughly 100 miles south of NPR, But if your interested let me know. I'm keeping the bars for another bike, but I have a set of painted lower profile that you can have if you need them

gbabins1

I'm gonna list it for sale on craigslist locally if you interested For like $30 for the frame/forks to get it out of here. I'm roughly 100 miles south of NPR, But if your interested let me know. I'm keeping the bars for another bike, but I have a set of painted lower profile that you can have if you need them

Absolutely interested…. Where are you located ( town/ city ) ?

Last edited:

markus

Absolutely interested…. Where are you located ( town/ city ) ?

venice/englewood 34223 is the zip. PM me if you want it:thumbsup: be nice to see someone do or at least try to do something with it. I'm like 5 frames/bikes torn down deep right now and can't make my mind up on half of them on what I want to do. One more and I think my head will explode!

Last edited: