Sears bird build

MCF2891

It's been a while since I have been on the forum and finally getting back to my mini bikes. Last time I was on here money was getting really due to some other hobbies that I was into at that time. I cleaned out the garage and set my workshop back up and put my bird back on the table. I wanna finish this bird so I can start building my bonanza.
This was when I first got it. I took the wheels of and put in a 3HP Briggs on it with a homemade chain guard.
Now I'm looking to put some nice wheels on it. I need to suggestions. Anything will help!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

I like the custom clutch cover. :thumbsup:
OldMiniBikes Sells some nice wheels. I've seen a couple with the 5 star Astros that look really good when all done. It all depends what size wheel you wanna go with. But I'd say your off to a good start

MCF2891

The astro's don't look bad on it and the clutch cover was just something my grandpa made for me for a cat mini bike that I have but I took it off to put another motor on it. It was just laying around collecting dust.

MCF2891

Thought I should go a different route and go with some different shocks then what normally goes on a bird. So I decided to put on these old motorcycle shocks. I think they look good with this bike.

MCF2891

Got a wheel for the bird today. Decided throw on a set of 5" manco wheels. Gotta find a front one after Christmas and get a sprocket spacer and sprocket and I'm good on wheels.

If your bike came with 6 inch tires , the scrub brake pad may not work correctly on a 5 inch wheel. You may want to mock it up and check . I know a 6 inch wheel will not work on a Bird that came with 5 inch wheels . Chain alignment to the clutch is critical too .

MCF2891

I'm gonna try modding the scrub brake a little so I know that I might be getting somewhere if not then I will find some other wheels. You don't know until you try.

Its not just the scrub brake . which will almost hit the ground to stop with a 5" wheel . but the whole stance of the bike does not look right . but that's just my opinion . if you want to use the manco wheels and don't have an adapter or sprocket why not look for a 6" manco rear and throw the 5 on the front would save a lot of work ..

MCF2891

That makes more sense trinik7597 thanks for saving me more work that wasn't needed. Wasn't thinking clearly.