Sears Roper project

I'll keep this brief for now till i get more done but i originally bought this off craigslist and thought i got a great deal. Upon further investigation and you guys help realized the frame had been cut, the forks were bent and then when i got it started the throttle stuck and it went directly into a brick wall next to the driveway.
[/URL][/IMG]

I then went looking for a new frame and instead got a complete new one that just has a bent rear wheel so the chain always falls off. Picked it up for 50$
[/URL][/IMG]

Currently pulling the parts i want off the red one
[/URL][/IMG]
rear fender and chain

[/URL][/IMG]
seat and rear w/e you would call that

Here is the donor bike stripped down you can really see the bent fork and missing frame parts in this pic
[/URL][/IMG]

Might try to sell the engine from the red one but not sure if anyone local would want it and its a little heavy to ship

Will update more after this weekend.........

So i took the rear wheel off the black bike because i thought the rim was bent turns out it was the axle and it has a million spaces and i cant even get it back together so i went w/ plan B and took the rear wheel off the red bike which is the original wheel. How on earth do i get the tire off that thing? i brought it by town fair tire and they looked at me like i had 5 heads and told me it wouldnt fit on their machine? They are known to be stupid so i may take it to another tire place but is there a simple way to do this it appears the whole hub and sprocket and rim is almost 1 piece? is this correct or is it just well put together

Yup, that is not unusual. To get the tire on, I usually use screwdrivers to pry it on. To get it off, you pry it off with screwdrivers. This doesn't always work, but takes time. If you are looking for new tires, take a look at OldMiniBikes Warehouse. They have tons for sale.

Originally I believe those were tubeless tires, you might need inner tubes with the new tires. I am just about ready to start a new build myself on the same type of bike. The tires on mine were the original 40+ year old tires. It took some creativity to cut/tear/saw/burn/pull/beat those tires off the rim. :laugh:

So i took the rear wheel off the black bike because i thought the rim was bent turns out it was the axle and it has a million spaces and i cant even get it back together so i went w/ plan B and took the rear wheel off the red bike which is the original wheel. How on earth do i get the tire off that thing? i brought it by town fair tire and they looked at me like i had 5 heads and told me it wouldnt fit on their machine? They are known to be stupid so i may take it to another tire place but is there a simple way to do this it appears the whole hub and sprocket and rim is almost 1 piece? is this correct or is it just well put together
There are MANY previous discussion threads on this topic with LOTS of opinions. My .02 cents:
On these ONE PIECE wheels, if you are putting on a new tire and have no use for the old one just CUT it off. Save yourself a LOT of time and frustration (not to mention possibly damaging or destroying the tube/tire!) and have the new tube/tire put on by a good full service lawn mower shop. That is what we do and it only costs $ 6.00/tire- some of the best $$ ever spent!
Michael

:thumbsup:
There are MANY previous discussion threads on this topic with LOTS of opinions. My .02 cents:
On these ONE PIECE wheels, if you are putting on a new tire and have no use for the old one just CUT it off. Save yourself a LOT of time and frustration (not to mention possibly damaging or destroying the tube/tire!) and have the new tube/tire put on by a good full service lawn mower shop. That is what we do and it only costs $ 6.00/tire- some of the best $$ ever spent!
Michael

So i got the new tire put on at town fair. They "werent sure" it would fit on their machine i told them to go ahead and try and of course they bent the sprocket. Its not terrible but part of it is bent in what are the odds i can bend it back or should i just try welding on a new one i've seen a few people do this in their build threads. Will post pics later

So i got the new tire put on at town fair. They "werent sure" it would fit on their machine i told them to go ahead and try and of course they bent the sprocket. Its not terrible but part of it is bent in what are the odds i can bend it back or should i just try welding on a new one i've seen a few people do this in their build threads. Will post pics later
I'm starting to wonder why I even take the time to post my recommendation to questions when I read things like this after doing so?:shrug:
Michael

I'm starting to wonder why I even take the time to post my recommendation to questions when I read things like this after doing so?:shrug:
Michael
i had already dropped it off im young and have no patients :doah:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

not terrible but not perfect

What size tires are those? (They look larger than stock). By the photos you provided, the sprocket offset (clearance) from the tire AT THE SIDEWALL BULGE looks REAL close. :eek:hmy:put a chain on the sprocket, push it toward the wheel and pull it out straight like it was going forward toward the clutch. You want AT LEAST 1/8" clearance from the side of the chain and the sidewall bulge (widest point) of the tire. Then report back.
Michael

Thank you and i will do that before i do anything else this time lol :bowdown:. I am going to the beach in the morning so it will be a few days

havent given up on this but my motorcycle broke down and since i use that to get around i've been putting time into that starting back on this P.O.S this weekend hopefully