sell my baby ?

ok here it is. i was contacted by a guy out of the blue who races vintage mx looking for my model bike a 79 honda cr250r to race at mid ohio gp now this bike has been in my posesion since i was 16. i was sponsered when i got it and although it wasnt my first or my last it has so many memories of my glory days i dont know what to do i restored it in 95 and only ridden it on ocasion since, it has 17 3/4 fox shox and was done right , heres the catch he's didnt flinch at my asking price,almosat 4 times what they sold for new but its my last link to the best times of my life, i could use the money but it would just go to taxes or some ira and be gone before you know it should i do it or not those bikes are hot right now but demand will pass when former owners get a few years older and it wont be worth that much again.

After you sell it the money will be gone and you'll look around like "what the hell happened".!?

....sounds like you've already answered your own question.:thumbsup:

When you do finally decide to get rid of it.Chances are the buyer wont be there and you will regret having not sold it...Take lots of pics with you and the bike and send it on its way.. Pics take up way less space...

im thinking maybe the old girl would like to be in a few more big races kinda humiliating to say it wont be with me in the saddle my knees are shot and i tore my bicep at windber. i think shes pissed being covered up under a dusty tarp. maybe i could sell it a little easier if a saw it in a bigger race with some one else on it, it would kinda feel good and like gumpit said when i do WANT to sell it i probably wont find a buyer

toomanytoys

I've sold many things I've regreted over the years. Cars, guns, bikes, and other toys.

If you feel you can live without it then let it go. If not then just keep it. Its not costing you a dime sitting there, and you always have it. I don't know how old you are, but might want to consider if your kids would want it?

Because you're even of thinking of selling it, something inside of you is saying "sell". Sounds like the only regret you'll have is that you didn't throw a bigger number at the guy since he didn't flinch at you first number. Good luck.