Serial Numbers

Mean Dean

All the early Ruttmans do that are stamped in the engine plate. In 1970 they had a vin tag riveted to the engine plate. The later ones had stick on. The Lil Indians were the same stamped in the rear axle bracket and in 1970 went to a vinyl sticker on the a/cleaner. Most manufacturers did so for warranty purposes also.

From what I understood Bonanza numbers are not really "serial" numbers. Serial numbers are numbers of a production run and are usually increased by one digit from one unit to the next. Bonanza numbers are more or less identification numbers. They don't give year, model, or series in the number.

From what I understood Bonanza numbers are not really "serial" numbers. Serial numbers are numbers of a production run and are usually increased by one digit from one unit to the next. Bonanza numbers are more or less identification numbers. They don't give year, model, or series in the number.
That was my understanding as well. How about it you Bonanza "gurus" like Evil Ed and George 3- Can ANYTHING be deciphered from the Bonanza badge numbers?
Michael