Shaft mounted rockers?

Someone told me that they heard that the Champion clones have shaft mounted rockers and therefore cannot be modified. I don't really know what they are talking about, but is that even true? Any info. would be great. Thanks

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Yes they have shaft mounted rockers in the new model Champion motors. They are good if your keeping it stock, or very mild.

The shaft mounted base will break very easy. Or you can't change the ratio of the rockers because the little tip on the end will make the geometry off. But it can maybe be done with some serious modifying?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The rockers themselves have to be lengthen. That means making your own rocker arms with a slot in the middle for the shaft to go through. If you can't do that, you might as well stay with the stock rocker arm setup. Easier to deal with, and much cheaper.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
You wish it was that easy.
The arm of the rockers have a curve that screws up everything. But it can be done, but they won't look to cool. And you might need longer push rods too.

The factory center slot of the standard rockers let you get away with that high ratio. The shaft mounted setup doesn't have any extra play in the middle that helps.

You Can Just Swap the heads right?

I See Jingaling or kongdong or whatever the heck their called 6.5 heads on Ebait all the time for cheap.