Sheet Metal

I have been wondering as to why the tin on the front and top of the 2.8 engine? It seems to me that covering up the cooling fins would make the little engine run hotter. I don't know if this engine can generate enough heat to cause safety concerns in relation to the fuel tank , thus the tin pan between the two , or some other reasoning unbeknownst to me? Front piece really is a mystery? Any input would be most welcome to me. Always looking for answers.

its to route the air flow from the fan across as much of the fins as possible which is why it sometimes even wraps around the backside

you can pull them off since it's in a mini bike. you generally aren't going to have the bike sitting stationary while running for long.

you can pull them off since it's in a mini bike. you generally aren't going to have the bike sitting stationary while running for long.
I agree.
I took mine off both the 2.8 and 6.5 clone with no ill effects. I think they look better without the shielding, that and if you trail ride it is easier to hose off the mud without it getting caked behind the sheet metal.