Side Popper

Bought a Craftsman edger at an Estate sale yesterday for $25. It’s gotta Tec Side Popper 143 751042 Serial # 6247B. It started on spray 2nd pull. I gassed her up and she runs fine. I’m going to run it with a Cylindrical tank on a future project. What are my options for hooking the throttle up?

cfh

There's probably some way to modify that throttle to work in a mini bike. but frankly i think the best option is to spend the $14 and get a real mini bike Tecumseh throttle set up. You'll have to remove the blower housing and drill the two rivets with a 3/16" bit to remove the old throttle assembly. then bolt the new on in place (i believe it included screws to replace the rivets.) https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/mini-bike-throttle-control.html

Last edited:
Bought a Craftsman edger at an Estate sale yesterday for $25. It’s gotta Tec Side Popper 143 751042 Serial # 6247B. It started on spray 2nd pull. I gassed her up and she runs fine. I’m going to run it with a Cylindrical tank on a future project. What are my options for hooking the throttle up?
Anyone know what year and HP this engine is? Thanks Joe

It's not a difficult task to modify the throttle assembly to function as a mini bike correct one .

delray

nice thing too on modiflying the stock throttle assy if I am correct you can control the speed with that small screw. great for a kid learning how to ride....:scooter: