Slowing my bike down

I know this might sound unusual to the younger riders but my bike is too quick for my style riding and purposes and I want to slow it down and give it more power for rough trail riding and more control of acceleration. My bike is a Coleman CT-200U-EX from Tractor supply and was wondering if anybody has a kit with a larger rear sprocket and add on links for the chain. Or any other suggestions. I would rather buy a bolt on kit because my time is limited because of too many irons in the fire. Thanks

Thanks for the idea, I was wondering about that idea but I don't know much about TAVs because I never had any experience with them. Do they make the acceleration more controllable? I know the centifical clutch is too fast and sometimes you need easy does it in tight situations. I think that is what Skipp was talking about in the Comet 30 series a couple posts above. Guess I'll have to call OldMiniBikes Warehouse and see what they have because I don't want to go flying over the cliff with my unruly bike. LOL

chrisr

The TAV allows you to program stall speeds, a larger rear axle sprocket along with a smaller front sprocket will slow it down but can also make it more prone to wheelies. Adjusting the throttle to not go full throttle as well as adjust the governor may be another way to slow it down.

The TAV allows you to program stall speeds, a larger rear axle sprocket along with a smaller front sprocket will slow it down but can also make it more prone to wheelies. Adjusting the throttle to not go full throttle as well as adjust the governor may be another way to slow it down.
Thanks I'll have to learn about programing stall speeds and getting more gentle on the throttle. At almost 70 I don't need wheelies and a 200 lb man on a minibike is bad enough but the bike fits in my van nicely so it is ready to go with me so I don't have to hook up my trailer. Besides that I'll always be a kid at heart. LOL

I agree, I think the tav will give much better throttle, and speed control.

The tav has variable ratios, sort of like an automatic transmission ( without cogged gears. ) When you let off the throttle, and the rpm's drop, the tav gears down, and slows the bike.

I believe there is a thread here somewhere that deals specifically with the tav conversion for the Coleman bikes. List of parts, and links etc.

I agree, I think the tav will give much better throttle, and speed control.

The tav has variable ratios, sort of like an automatic transmission ( without cogged gears. ) When you let off the throttle, and the rpm's drop, the tav gears down, and slows the bike.

I believe there is a thread here somewhere that deals specifically with the tav conversion for the Coleman bikes. List of parts, and links etc.
I figured there was a reason why most people preferred the TAV system but it depends on how much money you have to spread around. Being retired and finishing up my house so I can sell it sort of thins the wallet. My motorcycle, ATV, and Radio systems all have to take their turn working on my wallet. The only difference between men and boys are the price of their toys. It's been tough growing up. LOL Thanks