small output shaft on 2 hp

I picked up a 2 hp briggs that was on an edger for very short money. I disasembled the edger and realized the horizontal shaft was only 1 and 3/8. long. It is keyed and the pulley assembly is with it.

My question is what can I use to make this work on a mini bike. The clutchs all seem to be for a 2 and 3/4 shaft. Are there any available that have a thinner profile.

My other question is whether this pulley could be used with a pully clutch on a jack shaft. Any advice would be helpful. I hate not to use this engine it runs great and has very minimal hours on it.

If you have a jackshaft, you can mount your clutch on the jackshaft, running the wheel, then run the jackshaft with just a standard sprocket on your motor.. :thumbsup:

OR... there are clutches that have a very heavy duty center bushing that the entire system is rolling on.. Most are a regular V belt... I just got rid of mine but there ARE pics of them around..

If you have one of THAT style clutch, you can use it being the center hub of the clutch is so heavy duty it can't break, even though it is DESIGNED FOR a 2 3/8 long crank, it does not require it...

I do have two clutches that would work for you, and are 35 chain, BUT there are like 30 teeth and weigh like 7 pounds... You couldn't break it though no matter HOW hard that 3 horse tried.. :hammer:

Thanks
It seems simple enough to just mount a sprocket on the shaft, and put the clutch on the jack shaft. I just don't have enough experience with putting these together yet. Thanks for the help. The engine is going on a sears drover, hope to get pics soon.