Small screen gems.

what are you reading i would like too know:thumbsup:my list is pretty obscure also after all sharing is caring:laugh:
Recently I just picked up an old book by one of my favourite authors Kurt Vonnegut
I read Player Piano decades ago but its timeless.
And relevant fiction for today.
Of the new reads I picked up a copy of Margaret Atwood Year of the flood. ( you may have seen the film Handmade's tail based on one of her books ).
Ya she is a real hard nosed feminist but she comes up to my home town every now and then and is quite approachable.
She is a real nice lady I would love to have sit by my fire and pump a few drinks into just to see what she really has to say.
The Neanderthal Parallax is a series of books I read a while back because the back story was intertwined with lab in the mine where I worked.

And I read every newspaper on the net I can get for free....
Because I am cheap.....
And the library is walking distance so I don't have to buy books...

So what are you guys reading and watching?
I gather from the many conversations we have here this is a group of very interesting and multifaceted people.

just got through watching Klondike........I love history and it makes me wonder if my ancestors didn't have it easier........the biggest worry was survival, but oh did they have adventures...seems like the worries of today are much more different......:shrug:

You watch some obscure chit...
I have a lot of Finlanders around me.
Although you will likely have never seen this little gem its set after the winter war of 41 and the fins have allied with the nazies.

The fins have lost their taste for war and desertions are treated harshly by the nazies.

It funny as hell because when you have 3 people together that do not speak the same language they actually can say and act out what they think.
That is even when they are tired of the truth and the killing.

Worth a watch trust me....
ANd the little lap girl is hot.

English language version is a little harder to find.
I have seen the one dubbed in fin with English subtitle.l
Kuku?ka / Kuka?ka (2002) - trailer - YouTube

May as well toss a few more in there...
Trouble with Clooney is he always plays Clooney....
But this 1972 original of Solaris lacks the money for special effects so to keep you in your seat they had to have a good story.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v65XxSpNNfs
Avoid the English dubbed version for some reason it just does not work.

If you can;t wait for the sequel to the girl with the dragon tattoo, then fond this one.
Good film too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdwvAvXUxc4

Last edited: