Smog pump supercharger

I gave up on the forced induction idea, about 10 years ago when a chain broke at about 40 MPH and a Tecumseh 7 horse rod came apart in spectacular fashion.
Someone tried to tell me that old tractor wasn't meant to go that fast.
Have fun and be safe, my friend.

Thepaetsguy

You know when you lift the hood of a truck and there 7 ring terminals on the positive terminal clamp bolt??

That’s that this intake is about to look like but with 1/4 fittings.. drill/tap
primer cap
boost gauge
wastegate

I’m contemplating skipping the boost gauge. Honestly don’t care if it makes extra power. I just want it to run right enough. I plan to weld together another no bend mini bike this engine needs to go on it..

Thepaetsguy

I’m about to go grab a junk shroud and start figuring that out. Even if I have to square slot the shroud and put grommets for the belt to pass through. I hope I can just keep the pullstart.

Thepaetsguy

I figure stuff out eventually... Justin W did not typo in his YouTube video description he actually did use a gm smog pump specifically from a 396..

His pump had three ports sticking out of the back instead of two like my pump. Before I went with an intercooler I would have just blocked the furthest pump outlet and made it a two port.

37CB3A9B-DDDF-4594-801C-BFC9AB0D88C4.jpeg BF1A2D11-30B1-4A8B-83C8-5D3D590F085D.jpeg 7ACD6BFB-05FE-41B8-8C0D-13463F93A08E.jpeg

PVC pipe? Sink drain elbows are really tight. Some are chrome plated brass. They use telfon, or nylon compression gaskets.
1 1/4 and 1 1/2.
Most parts stores have a WALL of radiator hoses and heater hoses with different twists and bends. You could aske them to let you go back there and look. Buy hoses, cut out what you need, put the rest in the project bucket.

Thepaetsguy

PVC pipe? Sink drain elbows are really tight. Some are chrome plated brass. They use telfon, or nylon compression gaskets.
1 1/4 and 1 1/2.
Most parts stores have a WALL of radiator hoses and heater hoses with different twists and bends. You could aske them to let you go back there and look. Buy hoses, cut out what you need, put the rest in the project bucket.
I already setup a convoluted not simple intake but just hated the look of it... ripped it all back apart.

I’m now welding in intake that drops down and will use one small 90* elbow to connect the two pieces together. As I said above I do figure out stuff eventually.. Looking at the intake I had I just sighed and said I can do simpler then that.

Thepaetsguy

Here is what I have to make.. Flange bolts to the intake port and a tube drops straight down. Two small pieces of flextube. Keeping it short and compact as possible (I hope) 951D8258-F98D-4054-9CD9-D75310EDD595.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

This intake is kicking my behind everything else was so simple... It’s looking a lot like I’m going to need a pipe bender.. I can drive around all day and ask (people around here are not the most helpful at times) or figure something else out. I honestly don‘t know at this point. not giving up. Hardware is closed and I’m out of options at the minute.