Smoke out of Valve cover breather

That spring came off the compression release that's on the exhaust side of the cam. Crank counter weight probably knocked it off.

That 58mm crank causes problems when the engine is not in spec in the bottom end. Every thing needs at least .030" clearance, from my experience with the 58mm crank.
Crank and cam endplay should be .010"-.012" to keep things straight down there.
alright that explains why it was so hard to pull over. i’m looking at the cam right now and the spring snapped off but now why did the gasket blow thought

That spring came off the compression release that's on the exhaust side of the cam. Crank counter weight probably knocked it off.

That 58mm crank causes problems when the engine is not in spec in the bottom end. Every thing needs at least .030" clearance, from my experience with the 58mm crank.
Crank and cam endplay should be .010"-.012" to keep things straight down there.

Attachments

Get a new head gasket. I like .010 shim type gaskets. Take one of your head bolts to an auto parts store and get a thread repair kit. I like HELI COIL brand. It will come with a drill bit, a tap and some steel thread inserts. Instructions are included. If you don't have a small torque wrench yet, now is a good time to get one. You need one.

Get a new head gasket. I like .010 shim type gaskets. Take one of your head bolts to an auto parts store and get a thread repair kit. I like HELI COIL brand. It will come with a drill bit, a tap and some steel thread inserts. Instructions are included. If you don't have a small torque wrench yet, now is a good time to get one. You need one.
thanks boss but for the head gasket shouldn’t i use a .45 because the rod pushes the piston to make it flat on the deck

SAS289

thanks boss but for the head gasket shouldn’t i use a .45 because the rod pushes the piston to make it flat on the deck
If you are absolutely sure the piston is right at the deck and not out of the hole use a .036" head gasket.

That's pretty important to measure five or six times. 4 or 5 thou in the hole and you would be ok with a .027" head gasket.