So what did you accomplish on your build today ??

KB2ROCKET

Put in the push rods and the roller rockers set the lash installed the rocker cover installed and set air gap on ignition armature gapped plug and installed ... that's enough for now :laugh: if it runs good that's great if it doesn't I'm moving on to the next section of the project

Last edited:
Threw a 18mm open end wrench at my eyebrow and made a nice hole. Then I tore apart a gx390 that was so clogged up with tar it overheated warped the head and blew out the head gasket. So I spent the rest of the day picking out the tar with a little screwdriver and a piece of tape on my face. Not a bad day

Attachments

KB2ROCKET

Threw a 18mm open end wrench at my eyebrow and made a nice hole. Then I tore apart a gx390 that was so clogged up with tar it overheated warped the head and blew out the head gasket. So I spent the rest of the day picking out the tar with a little screwdriver and a piece of tape on my face. Not a bad day
Wow that poor thing did you get it clean?

Wow that poor thing did you get it clean?
Yup and i sanded down the head and block flat again just waiting on the gasket now. The hole in my head is healed up too lol
Today my brother and i tore apart a 110cc china quad engine to put a new cylinder base gasket on. Its running great now fixed the oil leak but now it smokes like hell probrobly was run without oil quite a bit. Oh well it will keep the bugs away

noseoil

Red paint from Home Delay. Didn't like the Baja decals on the side of the tank, so I sanded, got a rattle can, shot a coat of primer & a finish coat. Wonder how long this stuff will last & when it will get the first scuff marks.....

Red.jpg

Yup and i sanded down the head and block flat again just waiting on the gasket now. The hole in my head is healed up too lol
Today my brother and i tore apart a 110cc china quad engine to put a new cylinder base gasket on. Its running great now fixed the oil leak but now it smokes like hell probrobly was run without oil quite a bit. Oh well it will keep the bugs away
If it's one of those clone gy6 I think they all smoke a bit. The one on my son's china quad has smoked forever but has been keeping up with our big 4 wheelers for 3 years now in the mud and muck. He rides the dog out of it every weekend and I change the oil in it once a month. Use the cheap wal-mart crap to boot.

The way he drives it like he stole it I've done figured I'd have to replace the engine already at least 3 times.

If it's one of those clone gy6 I think they all smoke a bit. The one on my son's china quad has smoked forever but has been keeping up with our big 4 wheelers for 3 years now in the mud and muck. He rides the dog out of it every weekend and I change the oil in it once a month. Use the cheap wal-mart crap to boot.

The way he drives it like he stole it I've done figured I'd have to replace the engine already at least 3 times.
Nope its the honda style engine. The piston is majorly scored up so im sure just the rings are roasted. My other one smoked and ran weird when the oil was overfull but thats not the problem with this one. These little china quads are great I just wish the previous owners took a little care of them. I had one with a gy6 motor I couldnt get it running good so i put a briggs raptor engine on it. That one works great too even with a centrifical clutch it does just as well as the 110s. My neighbor bough these two for her kids and i got to fix them up. I have one too but it has gears and hers dont. Then I have the raptor one aswell. And i may be getting another one from a friend. Im not sure what engine is on his I only want it if it has the honda style engine on it im not a fan of the gy6 ones.

The gy6 is a honda engine or least was. Its a 49cc that they used in the honda ruckus scooter. The chinese have cloned it to death and modded it from anywhere from 49 to 300cc. My sons is a 110 with a CVT, I wish his had gears (or at least reverse) but for $50 got it off my cousin who never used it, I can't complain. His is a coolster ulitity 4 wheeler. When he gets a bit more used to it I might get a engine with gears off amazon.

Makes me laugh but he had to have a led bar light, a little ice chest (holds his 6 pack of dr pepper) and one of those mini "milk" crates on the front rack because all of us big kids have it. He wants a winch but I don't see the need and worried the charging system can't take it.

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

Still sick as a dog I'm going to go to breakfast where one of the regulars hopefully will hook me up with some new 12 x 7 wheels then it's back to bed
Updated...
No wheels mounted carb. And intake instead

Last edited:
ordered wheel bearings. may order a torque converter before the night is over. can anyone verify if the OldMiniBikes warehouse 3/4" bore TC comes with spacers or mounting bolts?

noseoil

Just saw the question about my red gas tank paint. It's just a "Home Delay" rattle can paint job, no clear coat on it.

E_B, I just did a TAV 30 on mine this weekend. Needed to use 5/16-24 X 1" for the converter plate to engine bolts (the four kit bolts are metric, predator needed standard thread) & the crankshaft bolt I got was 5/16-24 X 2 1/2" grade 8, again, the supplied bolts were wrong, started but wouldn't actually go past one turn by hand. YMMV...

Here's a shot with new paint, Predator 60363 & TAV installed from this weekend.
Fin-1.JPG