So what did you accomplish on your build today ??

KB2ROCKET

I found a carb. Marked Tillotson and mikuni I want to use it but I'm not sure how to order a rebuild kit for it I guess this is progress if I don't have to order a carb. For my GX390 project

Yard work was done enough for the weekend (and the wife) so I decided to finally get this Herters bike mobile again... the original engine has a window in it.. so..I bought a good running same year H50 this past winter as a "temporary" motor while I worked on the original (NOS short block).I figured it's time to power her up and go for a burn....enjoy it in the mean time.... till I spit the chain out behind me when I hammered down hard on her...LOL.. well it's off to get some #35 chain this week!

Well I got a brilliant idea yesterday while I was in the shop for something else and decided that I was going to finish up some Tig welding on the swingarm as I had run out of shielding gas Thursday. I got 2 refills on Friday and had already hooked one up to the machine. I sat down at the welding table and burned about half of a rod and then while I was at it I finished 2 spots on the bike frame about 2 inches total. Well I woke up this morning with a nice pink sunburnt chest and shoulders.... I had gone out in a pair of shorts and no shirt..... Didn't even think about it and just did a quickie while I was there so I could start on it cold this morning..... Man what misery. :doah: Tender meat for sure.

Doug

I know that you know better than that Doug ........you have one of them "rough" week ends?:drinkup:
No, not a rough weekend. Just being a distracted dummy. And yes I do know better...

Working in the house and needed a tool from the shop. Went out to get it and saw the piece laying on the table so I thought, I need to finish that... Wont take but a minute..... Didn't take long either. The wife didn't even miss me.

Doug

KB2ROCKET

Mentally toyed with the configuration of my OX project all day while getting paid to work it's a good thing they can't read my mind :001_tt2:

KB2ROCKET

Ordered a gx390 gasket kit and got some carb. Cleaner . I am currently having problems with the 1st part of my project making a engine that runs well :doah:

IMG_1064.JPG
Well I got a brilliant idea yesterday while I was in the shop for something else and decided that I was going to finish up some Tig welding on the swingarm as I had run out of shielding gas Thursday. I got 2 refills on Friday and had already hooked one up to the machine. I sat down at the welding table and burned about half of a rod and then while I was at it I finished 2 spots on the bike frame about 2 inches total. Well I woke up this morning with a nice pink sunburnt chest and shoulders.... I had gone out in a pair of shorts and no shirt..... Didn't even think about it and just did a quickie while I was there so I could start on it cold this morning..... Man what misery. :doah: Tender meat for sure.

Doug

I spent some time gathering parts and boxing them up in preparation for the big swap meet coming up this Sunday.
Frank from Old School Minibikes has a big swap meet once a year. This is the first time I'm going to a big one.
I plan to take 3 or 4 ready to run complete minibikes and a bunch of parts and engines. I'll probably come home with more than I left with as usual.

Other than that I did some on-line reading about minibikes! What else ?

Danford1

Pondered what macho bullshit post I could put up on OldMiniBikes to make everyone think I was "special." Came up with NOTHING!

Ended up smashing old beer cans, so my wife could take the trash out for the Garbage People. (They are a better band than the Village People) I keep thinking I should recycle beer cans. I have a two gallon pickle jar full of pull tabs, because I heard Ronald McDonald, or some Yute Soccer team would trade them for beer.

Later on, I'll go outside and mean mug the snow birds, hoping they'll go back to whatever shitty place they must live in during the rest of the year, so I can go back to doing drunken burnouts in my Dodge, and endless loud carburetor tuning on my shitty mini bikes, without them "TSK-TSKING" me as I go by.

Except the Canadians, they are cool and totally "get" what I am about. (Are all of them from the same family? Seems they're all named "Hoser") "Hi, I'm Dave Hoser, and I own a Barley farm in Alberta eh? Suckers have some cash I tell ya. I can keep up with the Jones. The Hosers? Hell no.

All good though, because they're the only ones in a 300 mile radius who know that Dodge made something besides mini vans. Everyone else is predictably boring Chevy- usually sitting in a Ford Chassis.

markus

Finally able to get some work finished for some people, has been a rough start to the year. Hadn't been able to paint for a few months and that was holding me up, broke out the gun yesterday afternoon and finally got some color down on some Sebac a couple guys have been patiently waiting for me to finish up for them......Looks like my Hi-tech paint table is not gonna make it much longer though :laugh:

they came out pretty good considering a couple of the short ones had holes punched in them from chainrash (Rupps are brutal on shock bottoms!!!)

markus

Finished! Boxing up tonight to go out with tomorrows mail to everyone :thumbsup: Hopefully this is the beginning of me getting back on track after a bad start to the first of this crap ass year!

No hope for one set of springs and cups so he's gonna send those out from chrome, But I got the other sets cleaned up pretty good.

I painted and extra set of lowers for myself but packed them away for another day....Its time to dig out some Tecrapseh's to rebuild!!!

I sold a Rupp minibike and took delivery of a Wards 525 that I bought Sunday.
I put a different carb and tank (5 hp Briggs) on the 525 and it runs good. I went for a little ride :)

Danford1

I unpacked the NOS 611095 3A lighting coil and new (used) flywheel for my Tecumseh H 60 Frankenstein engine. Got the flywheel cleaned with rust remover and test fit. Ordered the spacers and screws for the lighting coil. Looking forward to getting the frame back from the blaster.

I pulled the Predator engine off this Grand Prix and down graded it with a H35 Tec. engine ....also got it all hooked up and running. Going to give it to my Grandson tomorrow for his Birthday.

KB2ROCKET

Other than ordering tires I spent 1 1/2 days of my weekend working on the cooling system on my jeep cherokee not really that fun . So I'm not doing anything the rest of the day except sit in a chair and watch a movie