Some engines, whats what?

I found an add for 4 small engines, there is a 3hp briggs kickstart, and a clinton another briggs and a sears (sears and roebuck?)
I was wondering if any of ya could tell me about these. Any good for minibike you think?

Seems to be a good deal for $75?

Thanks,
Beal.

One Clinton 2 cycle mower engine.
What apears to be 1 Onan ( possibly 2 ).
One other can't identify seems to be an iron block

I can't put a price on things like that, but if your happy with it 75 seems fine.
I like the Onans of that era.

Ya look s like some quality stuff.
I would pay 75 dollars for one of those Onan if it ran or both for just the parts

If the cast iron one is a Clinton, it should have a date stamp somewhere on the side of it, I had a 1949 and a 1950. I had a hell of a time finding a coil for them. I got one from a old boat motor. I dont know about the rest, but like was said before kickstarts were old wash engines. There is a big following out there for them.

HOLY SHIT!!! :eek:hmy: 75 dollars? :freakout: The Briggs W in that pic is a hudred dollar bill or I'll use it for a boat anchor. Thas an OLD bitch man. :eek:hmy: Thats the vertical screws carburetor like the Y's use. That engine is proabably 1935 or older and an EASY 100 bucks. The Clinton two stroke is from a lawn mower and made to run vertical shaft, but is a clinton two stroke you can turn on it's side and use as a horizontal shaft. :laugh: Either way, the round gas tank HAS TO Be 35 bucks I'd think. :shrug: Then there looks to be another briggs maybe N, and Clinton iron motor that are both worth having, and like they said, Hell those tanks are 25, 35 bucks each pretty easy.. :shrug: The engine front left is a HELL OF A NICE :drool: OLD Briggs though... Make sure and look for any other parts that might go to em. That "W" takes a square flat little tank that sits on the ground, and a fuel line goes up to the carb. Try like hell to find that, because those are 100 bucks :mellow:

Well, havnt heard from the guy yet... So, I will be calling him tomorrow.
Found some Onan engines too... might look into getting them too.

Just imagine, 8 new engine to play with. :laugh:

Would need a place to stash em!

Hey all, got them. Lil bit of bad timing to get them sooner, saved 25! Got em for 50.
Ill get some pics up within the next few days.

Guy said he had some others like the top right one... said they had busted blocks. Did think about askin if he still had em till we was gone.

They all turn over, though the clinton not too well... made a small screech when it was to abut the top of the stroke. :shrug: Dent in the tank on the green one. Fuel lines and plug wires are pretty much shot...

Would like to try to get em running, them make em all purty n stuff. Maybe take to and small engine show. If that fails, its either the shelf for a while... or possible selling some.
We'll see.

Im kind of excited, Ill get some pics soon.

^^Only got 4 engines, the green and the black do look abit similar though.
Unless of course theres something here Im not getting? (probable)

Whats the :facepalm: for?

So the plan it to get the black briggs running first, seein as it its got everything... needs spark plug though... You can see in the 9th picture its different.
What can I do about that?

OH yeah I noticed that... The Briggs W is the little black or rusty one with a small carb... It has a remote tank and has to suck gas UP The fuel line INTO the carb... :doah: No Bowl, no diaphragm... Just a hole with a fuel line... :laugh:... It's got two screws that bolts it on.. one above the other directly, one on top and bottom of the carb....

Thats a nice damn motor to have... I don't know if theres one or more, but could swear I saw two different W's

OH yeah I noticed that... The Briggs W is the little black or rusty one with a small carb... It has a remote tank and has to suck gas UP The fuel line INTO the carb... :doah: No Bowl, no diaphragm... Just a hole with a fuel line... :laugh:... It's got two screws that bolts it on.. one above the other directly, one on top and bottom of the carb....

Thats a nice damn motor to have... I don't know if theres one or more, but could swear I saw two different W's
Yeah I seen that. A bit different...

Need to figure out what to power with it...
:grind:

Thanks.

Is that weird round tank... I've never ever seen that before.. Is it factory and right? That's worth billions if it's right.. :mellow:
Billions eh? :laugh:
That would be friggen cool!

Not sure if its factory or not. Looks like could be... :shrug:
Ill get some pics and let yall decide...