Speedway Scorpion project is Underway!

Glad you found the log useful. Your engine illustrates how hard it is to detail everything...you had some issues I fortunately did not have. Looks great! Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

I picked up my powder coat parts Friday afternoon and they look amazing. I decided to do the bike in red candy metallic. Here is a pic of the gas tank. I decided to have the wheels done in chrome powder for now as the price of real chrome was a little hard to digest. I will try to get more pics up tomorrow and if time allows this week I hope to start reassembling!

That's awesome.:bowdown:

Started reassembling the bike

Here's another pic of where I'm at on the bike. I still have to finish painting the sebac shocks and then I can get the rear end put back together. I was originally against doing the wheels in chrome powder coat but now that I see one mounted on the bike I really like the way they look. Thanks for looking!

It's a roller!

Here's a quick pic of where I'm at assembling the bike. I still have brake handles, cables, wiring, jack shaft, and chains left but it's coming together.

I haven't gotten around to finishing up this speedway project since I entered my Rupp Chopper in the build off but today I finally got the engine tins clear coated with spraymax 2k. Earlier this week I rebuilt the wiring harness from the diagram in the speedway manual and put the brake handles and cables back on.. My plans are to get this bike finished up this weekend. All I have left is to mount the engine and install the torque converter, jack shaft and chains. Here's a pic of the engine shroud with clear coat

Looks great. I remember that bike very well. I tried to purchase it too.
I will post pics as soon as I get it put back together. Hopefully this weekend. It's been in my basement since I picked up the parts from powder coat and it was dark out so I haven't seen it in daylight yet.

I picked up my powder coat parts Friday afternoon and they look amazing. I decided to do the bike in red candy metallic. Here is a pic of the gas tank. I decided to have the wheels done in chrome powder for now as the price of real chrome was a little hard to digest. I will try to get more pics up tomorrow and if time allows this week I hope to start reassembling!
...................:drool::drool::drool::drool:...........

The speedway is almost done!

I was able to work on the bike this afternoon. I got the engine and jackshaft installed, throttle hooked up and the wiring done. Much to my surprise when I fired it up the head light, tail light and nos horn all work! All that's left is to hook up the chain and put the new seat on when Karen gets a chance to make it. I'm very happy with how it turned out. Here are some pics.