Speedway with a kickstart Sachs?????

well, I am at Ricks place pissing with the Hodaka, when Ass-In-A-Box shows up... He then proceeds to tell us stories of how fast those things were back in the day.. He had one for about one day until his step dad took it away because it was so fast.. (the VERY SAME Bonanza I bought from Rick 30 years later :laugh:)

THEN he goes on to talk about his (Speedway) he used to drive as a kid too.. He was claiming that it was a Sachs motor and ten inch wheels.. Not pull start but kick start.. :confused: I asked if it might have been a Sundowner that someone put a Speedway tank on maybe.. :shrug:

He was certain it was a Speedway, kickstart Sachs.. He is sure of it..

Then again he was trying to claim it went 105 miles per hour too.. :facepalm:

And thats why we call him Ass-In-A-Box or Jackass.. :laugh:

But Rick remembers the bike pretty well too.. And said it was indeed a Speedway kick start 125CC shifter bike... :confused:

HOLY SHIT!!!!

I wish he still had that one laying around.. :lol:

Well actually no I don't.. If Assinabox had it, it would be rusted into his yard, not for sale.. :glare:

jrzmac

yeah those look pretty sweet! I personally dont like those type of engines in mini's! I think they belong in bigger "Dirt Bikes" myself! I always felt that a mini bike should have a pull start, and a dirt bike a kick start! thats just me. Thats how I grew up. I NEVER saw one of those kick start things for the flatheads. nobody I know ever had one. all the mini's I ever seen in magazines and stuff had pull starters. I didn't even know they existed until I found this place!