Spyderdreggs 2014 OldMiniBikes Open class entry.The Rat Cat

I made a few sets of seat rails out of that angle iron. :thumbsup: If you get a Kenny seat, etc. best to wait on the mount holes until you have it. (Duh, but I learnt the hard way) :) I also discovered after the paint job, that I could indeed compress the shocks with my 240 pound ass to the point of gouging the paint under the rails. :scooter:

I really like this design with the 400 frame. The weak link was always the fork and spring, and you did a great job of fixing that. Next weak link was the brakes, and you got that too. This is a bike I'd love to ride. :thumbsup:
Thanks Dave but don't be so quik to praise the brakes just yet I still have to weld a bracket on for them :laugh:
Im going to be doing a custom seat of my own.I found this guy on etsy that does just the covers(very nice and very reasonable I must say)so Im going to cut my own base and foam and put the thing together myself(I ll never find a seat quite like this one,fits my personality to a T ,I'll post pics once I get it :thumbsup: )
Also do you know what the length of the rails are,I cant find any measurments for them anywhere,thanks.

Also do you know what the length of the rails are,I cant find any measurments for them anywhere,thanks.
That is a cool seat! Definitely wait till completion before drilling holes in rail. Note that if you get too close to the ends, the seat mounting hardware will interfere with the rail mounting hardware. (Learnt that one too) :)

Rails are 15 3/4" long
Mount holes (shock and pivot) are 3/4" from the end on one side, and 3/8" on the other. Not sure which end is which, since I don't have a seat on it. I doubt it matters much either way.

That is a cool seat! Definitely wait till completion before drilling holes in rail. Note that if you get too close to the ends, the seat mounting hardware will interfere with the rail mounting hardware. (Learnt that one too) :)

Rails are 15 3/4" long
Mount holes (shock and pivot) are 3/4" from the end on one side, and 3/8" on the other. Not sure which end is which, since I don't have a seat on it. I doubt it matters much either way.
Thanks Dave :thumbsup:

Well had to work all weekend but I did manage to get the seat rails cut and drilled.I also managed to drill them wrong the first time :doah: but a couple little tweeks and I think they'll work,if not Ill get some more steel and do them again :laugh:

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

Got my 50 tooth aluminum sprocket blank today from go kart galaxy,dont know how well these hold up but it is a sight thicker then my steel sprocket.Well all I need now is to drill the center hole out and drill the mounting bolt holes.Hopefully I don't screw that up,this thing wasn't cheap :laugh:

[/url][/IMG]

The aluminum sprocket will last with lube and a tightened chain. If the chain gets loose and slaps it will wear the sprocket faster. I had an aluminum sprocket on the back of the 390 drag bike build last year with a Tsubaki RS40 nickel plated chain and it showed little wear.

Finished the seat today.Didn't come out too bad.The cover I got from Etsy is really nicely done,I got lucky with the padding,found a nice size remnant at Lowes.It is the best carpet padding they had at 7 bucks a square foot but being that it was a smaller piece the guy gave it to me for 3.I still have enough left to make at least 2 more seats if I want. The only thing is, this stuff is so dense there's hardly any give to it so the seat doesn't have much of a "cushy" factor :laugh: but I like it. :thumbsup:

All in all, I don't think its too shabby for my first seat.
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Well I kind of reached a stand still until my next batch of parts arrives. I have to wait until I receive my brake caliper so I can fab up a bracket for it. I could start stripping the paint off but its just too damn cold here right now to screw with it. I'm so damn bored I even took the seat apart and redid it last night cause I felt the cover wasn't stretched as tight as I would like. :laugh: Anyway I did one last Mock up (again because of boredom) and now I wait impatiently for some damn parts. :laugh: