Spyderdreggs 2014 OldMiniBikes Open class entry.The Rat Cat

buckeye

I likey!!!:thumbsup:

Just looks like it would be comfy with the higher bars.
Good stuff.:thumbsup:

It's about 75 here today. Been riding most of the afternoon.:thumbsup:

Thanks guys.Yeah the things gonna be pretty comfy to ride,with the tall tires,super dense seat and taller bars I sit up pretty high on the thing.:thumbsup:

We finally hit above freezing the last couple days but it didn't last long.

Ok, since I'm replacing the rear shocks anyway, would hydraulic shocks be overkill?
Probably are ,but I like a little overkill once in awhile :laugh::laugh::laugh:
See what happens when I have too much free time to overthink things :lol:

Anyway what do you guys think :smile:

Ok, since I'm replacing the rear shocks anyway, would hydraulic shocks be overkill?
Probably are ,but I like a little overkill once in awhile :laugh::laugh::laugh:
See what happens when I have too much free time to overthink things :lol:

Anyway what do you guys think :smile:
You certainly don't need them back there. You've got 3-way pre-load adjustable shocks on there now, so you're already in "over kill" mode. :laugh:

With the original shocks, and normal riding, I got the shocks to compress enough to slap the seat rail into the fresh paint. I don't remember it happening, and only road on pavement. :shrug:

I'd take those 3-ways and max the pre-load and see how you like it.

You certainly don't need them back there. You've got 3-way pre-load adjustable shocks on there now, so you're already in "over kill" mode. :laugh:

With the original shocks, and normal riding, I got the shocks to compress enough to slap the seat rail into the fresh paint. I don't remember it happening, and only road on pavement. :shrug:

I'd take those 3-ways and max the pre-load and see how you like it.
Yeah I guess your right ,besides the hydraulics are like 35 bucks a shock...they just look so damn cool....

I do need to buy a new set though, the ones I have are a little bent and broken.Guess Ill pick up a set of these, decent price.....

COILOVER SHOCK ABSORBER ASSEMBLY

Well not too much to report.Running a little low on cash so no parts orders til next payday.Was thinking about stripping the frame this weekend but its supposed to get cold again :doah: I still need to get the old tires off the rims (maybe Ill just ship them out to Buckeye to do it for me :laugh: ) Thinking of doing the frame in a candy red,since the candy green came out so nice on my MTD.I also want to paint the rims.Still so much to do.I was going to get the hydraulic brake set up for a pocket bike but I may buy the one they sell for the ATV's ,they seem a little more heavy duty(and more expensive :laugh:)but with my 235 lb ass on the thing, heavy duty just might be the better option :laugh:
Still deciding if I want to put front brakes on, I don't know if Ill need them but who knows.I change my mind a lot as time goes on.

Last edited:
I do like the red it is looking amazing what kind forks and wheels do you know who makes them they just look so clean and slick on that frame keep it going

I do like the red it is looking amazing what kind forks and wheels do you know who makes them they just look so clean and slick on that frame keep it going
Thanks:thumbsup: the forks and wheels are from an X18 pocket bike, you can get them online still at pocketbikeparts.com

Just keeping my thread current not too much to tell about,damn jeep is acting up again so more money into parts.Damn thing is a freakin money pit.:doah: Im going to try to get out this weekend and strip off the paint on the Cat and at least get something done.

Not much to tell.My Jeep developed...well,Jeep problems(Ie.something goes wrong and you have to throw money at it until you find what fixes it :laugh:)Also putting in a lot of overtime at work so no money and no time=no progress,but on a brighter note,the overtime on my next check will allow me to finally buy a bunch of parts and get this build back on track.....that is unless another "Jeep problem"crops up(don't count that possibility out :hammer:)

That is a killer bike, Looks like it would be a great rider. :thumbsup:
I hope so,it has a pretty high center of gravity with those wheels,at one point I even thought about re welding the wheel mounts a little higher on the frame to lowerider it but Im not that motivated :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well the last month has been.....interesting,to say the least.With Car problems,family medical issues and just plain old working too much,looks like the bike will not be done by the deadline(surprise surprise :laugh:)but I havent given up on her,I'm determined to have it finished before Winber and will still keep everyone updated as to the progress.So it is with a heavy heart that I respectfully withdraw myself from this fine contest and wish all the remaining contestants the best of luck.:thumbsup:
There is some great talent within you all and Im looking forward to seeing the final results.
Thank you and goodnight :laugh: