Square pipe mini bike anybody ever seen one?

Was this ever a sold minibike or someone's garage build? It has a scrub brake, kick stand, springs between frame & fork, & early 3 spoke Azusa wheels. Also the guy gave me this clutch cover with it.

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk

I think you might be right it sure does have a lot of similar features and it was built in the city next to where I found it and live Azusa. Thank you Motra

It be real, I've seen two or three of them but have been out of the game and can't remember. Had a funky name. Ah hell I'm worthless around here anymore.:laugh:

wait, it could be a hound dog because I remember thinking " Elvis" when first saw one. They must of made a few models. Square are probably early ones.

Last edited:
Thanks GTO that sure is it.

I agree, it has all the hallmarks of a Dave Grattan bike, likely an early design. I plan to build my own version of the "Hot Dog" by Grattan, still need to figure out the front suspension but I have the square stock waiting.

That's awesome. I plan on putting this one back on the road soon. I like it even more now knowing who built it and that it was built just a few miles from where I live. Thanks again

I know this is an older thread, but I think I might have your minibike's "Twin." Interestingly, the previous owner of my minibike was from California, and brought it with him when he was stationed on the east coast in the military.

Look up user "Nebraska03" and there's a few pics of my minibike. They look almost identical, same square tubing, scrub brake, etc. Minibike 04.29.2020.jpg