Stamina.. How many pushups???

How many pushups should a person be able to do?? what do you do to help with stamina? :shrug: In the winter, shoveling the driveway is pretty good, as it's a workout, yet not boiling hot out, and you're working towards a goal.. You can see your progress, ya know?? OR out cutting wood.. Ya cut down a tree, then trudge through 3 feet of snow dragging the whole log out to the road where you can cut it up.. Or carry it up the side of a big ass hill, fighting over the junkpile below the snow.. In the summer i like to ride my mountain bike.. You'll sweat your ASS OFF, but at least you can get around and go places.. Until your ass starts hurting.. THEN you are usually 6 miles from home, start drinkin beer, and do NOT feel like riding back.. :laugh:

I like to work out fairly often.. I have one bar I curl with, then do the squat thrust thing with the bar draped over your shoulders.. Until your legs are tired.. Go to the lift it above your head, back down to the shoulders, until your forearms and shoulders are burning..

I have one of these one handed 35 pound dumbell deal that I curl and stuff in the house..

it's just so hard to stay enthused about the whole thing, ya know?? You can spend like an hour or two, switching off from pull ups, to beating on the pnching bag, to something else.. But eventually ya just get bored with it..

Listening to music helps.. having a large supply of cold milk on hand helps a lot.. :laugh:

But it just never seams like enough, ya know? :shrug: what do ya suppose those UFC guys can do for pushups? Gotta be able to do 140 in a row huh? :shrug: JESUS, what happens whan ya get into a fight with THAT guy? :eek:hmy:

Or 13 of em for that matter? :shrug:

whats the secret?? What do you do for building stamina?

While you have been exerciseing , the rest of us have been bench pressing Bonanzas and curling briggs and tecumsehs lol :laugh::laugh::laugh:

fistfullabar

i ride the bicycle too all the time 6 miles is nothing down in flat florida i ride from 5 to 12 miles one way depending on what day and where i wanna train if i wanna train with the zombots lately i been moving furniture and i work extra hard cause its easy ta me plus the faster we work the more we make:thumbsup:today was a 3 story walk up and i ran the stairs the whole time we made the client so happy we got 100$ tip each:thumbsup: 140 pushup is easy i can do 3 hand stand push ups plus bunch of presses throw in lots of stretching then i work the core handstand leg lifts that i made up:laugh:

buckeye

5 then the oxygen bottle. Good to go. Working up to six next month.
All in your head or find a hot personal trainer.:thumbsup:

Thats the problem, everybody works hard and stuff.. Theres gotta be some way of getting that edge..

probably just gobble a bunch of performance enhancing drugs.. :laugh:

maybe like a generator powered by a bicycle that runs your house.. :glare: If you want juice, go out and pedal.. :laugh:

Bicycles is good.. I remember being 14, GOOD LORD, musta put 50 miles per day on those things.. :laugh: the old single speed Piranha freestyle bikes.. Mountain bikes is kinda cheating actually..

WLB

You aroused my curiosity. I went into the living room to see how many I could do but I couldn't get down on the floor:smile::smile::smile: Probably just as well, my wife's not home to help me get back up.

Back in my 40's and 50's I would do 3 sets of 50 on my knuckles on concrete along with sit ups and other exercises to warm up for karate.

fistfullabar

i ride the 26 inch single speed it looks like a big bmx:thumbsup:i used too be a bike courier
in new york riding a 20 inch bmx doing a easy 40 to 50 miles a day:shrug:

fistfullabar

ya gotta stretch that will give you the edge trust bro im yoga master the client thought i was 20 im 39 said "oh your the same age as my son" i said "your son is 39"????

OH MY GOD dude when I first got back into the whole "YUP it's about time to hack up trillionaires" mode..

I spent ALL DAY getting back into the swing of things.. Rite back to full on martial artist just like falling off a bike.. Ya never forget..

MAN was I sore the next day.. :laugh: I don't even KNOW what muscle is in your neck that is in any way connected to kickboxing.. but MAN did my neck hurt.. I mean BAD!! :laugh: for like 2 or 3 days.. :glare: Couldn't turn my head.. :shrug:

YEAH.. I think warming up is almost a mandatory.. :laugh:

Eh... i go to the gym 6 days a week and lift weights. Work from 6 to 4, then get to the gym by 5 and i'm generally out by 6:30 or 7. Monday/Thursday is Back & Biceps, Tuesday/Friday is Chest & Triceps, Wednesday/Saturday is Legs Abs and Shoulders (Wednesday and Saturday sucks bad...). Then i do about half an hour of cardio on a treadmill. 30 minutes at a jog on a steep incline.

It's not that i enjoy working out. I don't. In fact, if i miss a night of the gym it is heaven because i like nothing more than to come home from work, fall onto my soft couch and suck down a beer or 5. I go because the benefits to my health are obvious in my day to day, and i started going a few years back to help myself detox from a medical prescription that had really bad withdrawal symptoms. I keep going to keep myself in good condition.

I am a pretty active person anyways.. I don't like jogging or running whatever because it's rough on your feet (high impact).. I just get so damned bored in the winter.. I am thinking of building a DYNO type of unit I can bolt my bike to, to create resitance.. I think maybe a statioary bike might be a good way to go..

YEAH I dunno.. the cardio is what i am looking for.. Something that is a long drawn out workout.. Build stamina..I mean.. I'm pretty tough, but want to be like a machine ya know? When in a rage, I have an endless flow of energy :drool: I wish I could just harness that.. Like get some of those Old Folk Wiener Pills.. (testosterone in a tablet basically)

Thats what rage-ahol is made of, aint it?? Just testosterone being released into your system? :shrug:

Say like... a guy had 20 pounds of hatchet body armor on, wanted to swim 2 miles across a thrashing ocean, to a 140 foot yacht.. I'm thinking requires LOTS of pushups.. :laugh:

To be honest... i think you'd benefit more from a calisthenic centered workout than cardio alone. If what you say about your energy being high, you could REALLY take advantage of it and build some nice lean muscle. Weighted lunges, goblet squats, bicycles, pushups, dips, medicine ball twists... There's LOTS you can do with the intent of keeping your heartrate up and building stamina.

Hmmmm think so huh?? Yeah I am ALL lean muscle.. I've never had a gram of fat.. Just high wound power.. :laugh:

I don't know the technical labels for everything..

lung power workouts.. :laugh: whatever that is.. I smoke weed but do not smoke.. and don't even SMOKE weed.. just a toot toot here and there off the bowl, ya know? so I don't think that really hurts me as much as it makes up for the calming of the psycho part.. :laugh:

I went out not last time, but time before, helping the neighbor cut wood.. Usually it's sunday morning when he goes out.. It's like a coffee situation.. But a couple weeks ago, was afternoon.. He had some beers in the back of the truck, and just did the standard "HEY wanna beer we got beers"

and DUDE!!! drinking beer makes you WORTHLESS!! :laugh: I drank one buttwiper and was winded.. Like breathing HARD, ice cold air needles in your lungs, like not even doing shit.. Worked TEN TIMES as hard doing the same work I swear to God.. :shrug:

I wonder if there's something to that?? I swore it was the LAST time I'd drink a beer then drag logs through the snow.. But maybe if ya did it rite?? slam 1/2 a beer.. work it off?? :shrug: It has protein and carbs.. It seams like it would help ya.. but IT DOES NOT!! :laugh:

Just strength training ya think huh? Just wear yourself out but not allow yourself to stop? :shrug:

I think Buckeye is actually on the rite track with the whole mind over matter thing actually.. I HAVE noticed that you can get to the point of winded, then USE the fact that your are worn out, to get PISSED OFF at the worn out, and can use your rage-ahol to keep going, and actually catch your second wind..

Like riding bikes.. ya go for a while and will tire out fairly early on.. Then ya get the burn, then the second wind kicks in, and you can just pedal indefinitely.. Of coarse, when ya finally DO stop, you got rubber legs.. :laugh:

so ya think just old fashioned pushups type of workout stuff, will increase your (whatever makes you not run out of breath)??

There's gotta be more to it than that... :laugh: