Start issues

Just installed Black mamba cam with honda flat top piston and 28 lbs springs now the little guy wont start. Im waiting on a 22mm mikuni so for now it has the stock carb on it, i know its not going to like that stocker but i figure it should idle at least...
anyways its got spark, carbs clean, and she'll turn over just fine, even run for a second or two, but then it just dies every time :confused:

been wrestling with this thing all day and it still wont start, it ran for about a minute but only with full choke and throttle opened up all the way :shrug: i have checked valve lash cam timing and ignition timing as well as the magneto gap, everything seems fine, plz help guys im at wits end here

Check and make sure you have the carb gasket on right and not leaking air does it run choked that will tell you if you have a air leak somewhere

Check and make sure you have the carb gasket on right and not leaking air does it run choked that will tell you if you have a air leak somewhere
Sounds thirsty to me but, I have never done what you have.
So it seems like both of you are saying its running lean and dasboata is suggesting its most likely due to an air leak correct? That is one thing i did not check and probably should have. Its to late now but it'll be 1st thing i do tommorrow morning.

Im wondering if the stock jet isnt flowing enough though, when exactly do you have to rejet? Also what are some things to look for when trying to get the engine closer to stoich, as far as whether or not its running lean/rich?

Thanks for the input so far guys!

So Isky sent me an email letting me know that the cam journals on HF engines are larger, the only problem is im not sure what kind of engine this one is, i belive i bought it at pep boys about 4-5 yrs ago, definetly not a HF, anyways i measured the cam journals and they were the same as my stock cam however the cam lobes are very different, obvioulsy the lift and duration but also the lobe size differs by about .14 inches??? I feel like if i set the valve lash correctly this shouldnt be a problem but the motor wil not start and im going nuts here trying to figure this out...any ideas?