Starting Rupp Continental Project

My nephew got this at a flea market last year and I bought it from him as there were too many parts missing. I stripped the frame and will rebuild all of the suspension pieces. I will install a Predator 212cc motor when the time comes.

Already cut off the nerf bars...they were 3/4" SOLID steel...they weighed 5 pounds each. Biggest part of the project will be rebuilding the front fork. Previous owners must have jumped the bike and bent the crap out of them. Don't know if the photo will show all of the damage.

Last edited:
lol nerf bars are hoorible. a freind of mine put runing boards on a mini for his grandson because he figured it would be a better footing. lean a bit to far and it would grab the dirt and send you flying :laugh: ah a bit of heat and some patience and those bars will be straight in no time :thumbsup:

lol nerf bars are hoorible. a freind of mine put runing boards on a mini for his grandson because he figured it would be a better footing. lean a bit to far and it would grab the dirt and send you flying :laugh: ah a bit of heat and some patience and those bars will be straight in no time :thumbsup:
Nerf bars are already wacked off....they used 3/4" bar stock, five pounds each...lol

Nerf bars are already wacked off....they used 3/4" bar stock, five pounds each...lol
Bar stock! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bet that was fun to cut off. Hope you at least had a grinder with a cutting wheel. It would probably take 3 hack-saw blades to get those off.

The forks on my Bonanza were nearly that bad when I got them. A lot of heat, a good bench vice, some leverage, or a press if you have access, and those will be good as new.

If you are around the Detroit area..there is a guy that straightens forks without heating them if your interested. Good luck on your project:thumbsup:

Took the frame in to school to clean it up more. Got home and decided to test fit the predator engine. It looks too big! It does fit in the frame, but I don't like the way it sticks out on the right side of the bike..the fan/flywheel cover is over too far. I think I will go back and get the 3.5 HP motor or just take my frame in to Harbor Freight and test fit the engine there... What do you all think?

Took the frame in to school to clean it up more. Got home and decided to test fit the predator engine. It looks too big! It does fit in the frame, but I don't like the way it sticks out on the right side of the bike..the fan/flywheel cover is over too far. I think I will go back and get the 3.5 HP motor or just take my frame in to Harbor Freight and test fit the engine there... What do you all think?

I would leave that one in it. Gas fill is perfect.

If you use the predator motor...you can move the peg mounts and pegs further back like the 1969 Rupp bikes. It would look wrong for the year..but you can still utilize original pegs and most wont notice.:thumbsup:

If you use the predator motor...you can move the peg mounts and pegs further back like the 1969 Rupp bikes. It would look wrong for the year..but you can still utilize original pegs and most wont notice.:thumbsup:
What year do you think mine is? The SN is 18489 I think.

dude screw a 3.5 its not worth it... all you have to do is mount the clutch backwards that way you can move the motor another inch or two to the left. The fit looks about like my new style db30 with the harbor freight motor and balance and foot placement isn't an issue for me. Trust me just mount your clutch backwards if you still have problems extend the peg a little bit and you should be good to go!