Starting the SNowBike, Need Imput and a Front Ski

SNOW , SNOW good God I hope not. I had a ski for my Tri-Sport TS-290 trike years ago and gave it shot one day but there was not enough open ground and snow to give it a good trial. Sand and dirt are what made me happy.
Where do you find the small track sections and how are they driven ?
Steve :scooter:

Here ya go. As you can see, there's lots of up and down travel. As far as ride?? It does ok, everyone thinks they would be unstable but they actually ride well. It does kick out, but controllable because I've got the hopped up motor, Kinda like a minibike fishtailing with like a 7-9 Hp motor.

Last edited:

delray

ok mark:thumbsup:
steve you can find the tracks off of snow blowers. most of them have a chain inside the track unit that turns the wheels for the tracks and the chain also turns a jackshaft that comes out the side of the unit and then to the engine...etc...
here are some different models you can find:thumbsup:

YouTube - homemade mini snow bike prototype snowmobile minibike snowbike
Nice find on those tracs, They are expensive on ebay. The one in the video i used the sno trac the smaller one and it held up just fine. The new one is gonna have the larger track a bigger motor and headlight. I am tearing apart a baja minibike for the motor and headlight. I just bought a ski off of a fellow oldminibiker. Thanks! and my bike in the video only had a 4hp honda wich wasnt the best on power but with a tav it was awsome. I plan on doing something similar but instead of the swing arm on the frame, i am doing a solid mount and the track will pivot on bearings. The trac system will kind of be hanging on a jackshaft with high speed bearing in the track and frame. You will see whe i post the pics. i just need some more parts
Email me any questions if you want to build one and get stuck

Last edited: