Steel Round Tank

JustEnough

Randy,

I have been cleaning gas tanks with white vinegar (that I buy at the grocery store for $2 a gallon). I put some in the tank with some nuts and bolts and shake it around periodically for a day. I then thoroughly rinse with water from a hose. They are prone to flash rusting (light rust) afterward, so I bought some Kleen Strip Phosphoric Prep and Etch at Home Depot for $15 for a gallon. It is in the Paint Prep section near the acetone. It says right on the label it can be used for rust removal and to prevent flash rust, and I had heard the same from referrals. I will let you know how the phosphoric acid solution works out.

Last edited:
Randy,

I have been cleaning gas tanks with white vinegar (that I buy at the grocery store for $2 a gallon). I put some in the tank with some nuts and bolts and shake it around periodically for a day. I then thoroughly rinse with water from a hose. They are prone to flash rusting (light rust) afterward, so I bought some Kleen Strip Phosphoric Prep and Etch at Home Depot for $15 for a gallon. It is in the Paint Prep section near the acetone. It says right on the label it can be used for rust removal and to prevent flash rust, and I had heard the same from referrals. I will let you know how the phosphoric acid solution works out.
Thank you, I use clr with crushed stones, it works real well. This one I could actually stick my glass beader hose in and clean it right up.

I throw stuff on here for sale "as-is" before I spruce items up and sell them on ebay. The problem with doing that is all the appraisers and naysayers come out and shit on your post.:laugh:

I'm slowly learning how to sell shit, I just started. I need to remember to run all my items by the experts.

Thank you, I use clr with crushed stones, it works real well. This one I could actually stick my glass beader hose in and clean it right up.

I throw stuff on here for sale "as-is" before I spruce items up and sell them on ebay. The problem with doing that is all the appraisers and naysayers come out and shit on your post.:laugh:

I'm slowly learning how to sell shit, I just started. I need to remember to run all my items by the experts.
:doah: Well I think you do a fine job... And 40 bucks after tape and boxes and time at the PO and gas getting there... :shrug: Sounds about right to me... I've put them on Evilbay for 75 dollar opening bid and sold em.. 15 for my box stuff and time and shipping... 30 dollars for Evilbay and paypal costs and hassle... :shrug: I'd say that tank is easily worth keeping for your self and not screwin around with getting rid of it..

IMHO :shrug:

I keep buying them and cherry picking them, always keeping one. Eventually I need one for my Hiawatha Doodlebug. This was the nicest I had up until a few weeks ago when I got one a little nicer.

I just glassbeaded it, inside and out and primed the tank. It's very nice now and it will be going to ebay.

NO LONGER AVAILABLE HERE..

I keep buying them and cherry picking them, always keeping one. Eventually I need one for my Hiawatha Doodlebug. This was the nicest I had up until a few weeks ago when I got one a little nicer.

I just glassbeaded it, inside and out and primed the tank. It's very nice now and it will be going to ebay.

NO LONGER AVAILABLE HERE..
:eek:hmy: Thats a little rough.. What if I wanted it? :shrug: ... Eh... I got MINE BACK that is very nice that I sold for 50 bucks.. :bowdown: lucky as HELL on that one.. :bowdown: I hated to get rid of it but he pestered me for it.. Then I couldn't find another one setup with the filler at one end and petcock at the other.. :doah:

Man, I wonder what this tank might bring? Maybe the discussion is for original stuff.....I don't know, I'm askin'? Sorry for the torpedo. Just curious. Good luck.