Stock 6.5 clone

Hey guys i know there are a lot of threads about this but im too lazy to go look.

So is there any basic things/parts i could do to my clone so it will have better performance?

thanks in advance

Hey guys i know there are a lot of threads about this but im too lazy to go look.

So is there any basic things/parts i could do to my clone so it will have better performance?

thanks in advance
a new paint job , no j/k. fast way to get to know your bike top down. once its cleaned up and looking good it'll look fast just sitting in your garage:thumbsup:

Is it ok to just add the header, intake and re-jet the stock carb on a gx160. One of the websites, AFG I think, says a #82 jet works good for a stock gx160. They also recommended the gx140 emulsion tube also... Any thoughts?

you'll need to rejet after doing that. the emulsion tube is cheap so you might as well get one if you're ordering other parts from them.

mybiz

Are you going to be installing yourself ? or are you just to LAZZZZZY:sleeping::evil_laughter::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the tank is different on the new ones (L-shaped). the tank mounting brackets and valve cover are also different. the valve cover on the new ones has 5 bolts while the old one only has 4. if you check my DB pic in my sig, you'll see how the tank brackets don't stick way out.

mybiz

thanks strigoi i was getting ready to order parts and it ask if you had a 2009 newer style or 1 built pre 09 all the site had was some numbers to ID it and i couldnt find any numers on the engine or the box it came in the Anyhow mine was manufacterd after 2009 It does have the L shaped tank i also hae an older 1 and the tank is square Thanks for the info:thumbsup:

my DB is pretty quick right now (only geared for about 44mph). i'd remove the gov and get a header, carb and billet rod before i even bothered putting the motor in the bike.

i'm bored with mine at this point. i'm going with a big cam, BVH and will probably end up running alcohol on my next round of mods. i'd like 20+hp and 60mph out of it. i want a good top speed but some pretty good acceleration still. once i get my clutch back from Briggs_Boy it should be topping out around 52mph (he got my Noram Cheetah set up for me).

my DB is pretty quick right now (only geared for about 44mph). i'd remove the gov and get a header, carb and billet rod before i even bothered putting the motor in the bike.

i'm bored with mine at this point. i'm going with a big cam, BVH and will probably end up running alcohol on my next round of mods. i'd like 20+hp and 60mph out of it. i want a good top speed but some pretty good acceleration still. once i get my clutch back from Briggs_Boy it should be topping out around 52mph (he got my Noram Cheetah set up for me).
Damn....that sounds awesome :thumbsup:

-Logan