Stock Throttle repair.

So the cable broke at the anchor in my throttle. And I'm off today so I'm gunna see if I can't figure out a way to salvage it before I drop the 20 bones for new ones.

My Idea: Drill 2 holes spaced enough apart so I can weave (a S basically) a new portion of cable between them. Have the grip end knotted so it wont pull through with the knot resting where the anchor originally was. Then slather on some plastic/metal epoxy to go for broke.

I'll get some pic's up of what I'm thinking/end up with after I get the cable so I can start playing with a few ideas.

But also welcoming any suggestions/ ideas or anyone who has tried themselves!

So the cable broke at the anchor in my throttle. And I'm off today so I'm gunna see if I can't figure out a way to salvage it before I drop the 20 bones for new ones.

My Idea: Drill 2 holes spaced enough apart so I can weave (a S basically) a new portion of cable between them. Have the grip end knotted so it wont pull through with the knot resting where the anchor originally was. Then slather on some plastic/metal epoxy to go for broke.

I'll get some pic's up of what I'm thinking/end up with after I get the cable so I can start playing with a few ideas.

But also welcoming any suggestions/ ideas or anyone who has tried themselves!
This sounds like more work than just buying a new cable... Just my $.02

$1.60 for 5 feet of cable and about 45 min of time from start to finish. Though I did need a bit stronger return spring now that there is some friction from the cable between the handle bar tube and the nylon grip part. But got me back in action for a evening ride. And after a week of no riding because of a gimp throttle; worth the $ IMO.

Through holes in grip

With knot

Can ya dip it in solder and make a new ball, if I am understanding you right???
An excellent idea! Not quite sure how I could get it to set In the right shape... But I may go back a solder up the knot vs epoxy!

I just bought a $5 cable and put it in the stock throttle housing. Works fine:thumbsup: :scooter:
Was this with the sheath? Or just the steal cable? I was quoted around 20 bucks for a replacement cable/sheath, and they had to order it. Don't ask me why, as soon as I heard that I left because I know OMBW has a throttle set for 20.

This sounds like more work than just buying a new cable... Just my $.02
Really wasn't any more than what you would have to do to replace the cable if it were a new one. (less 2 holes through soft plastic and tying a knot.

Last edited:
yea sheath and all. I didnt get the baha replacement. Just a cable, so no adjuster thing like on the oem one. Works just the same.:hammer::scooter: