Stolen Minibikes from Rochester ny.

Last month some A-holes broke into my shed and stole all 4 of my Minibikes! The bikes were an unrestored big wheeled roper which I have no picture of, a highly modified red 6" wheel roper with a modified HF clone engine on it, a Red trail bug with an electric start Tecumseh 10 HP L head engine, and my all time favorite, a Restomod Heathkit Boonie Bike with a 5.5 HP Tecumseh snow king engine running a comet 20 series belt drive connected through a custom made jack shaft that included a band brake and it had a Roper gas tank on it. The Roper had a different carb on it than the one shown in the picture. They were taken from a shed in the town of Greece NY. If anyone spots one of my bikes I would appreciate it if you'd contact me by sending an email to hreagle@yahoo.com. Thanks, I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Eagle

Attachments

Last edited:
Man, that sucks! :censure: low-life thieves! They were some very nice bikes. Hindsight is always 20/20, and I'm sure you've thought of this, but one of those little tracking devices hidden on each bike would have been a good investment. Now, I'm curious if any members have done that. The work you put into those bikes is obvious; I hope you get them back.

someone had to know they were their in the first place. Friend of a friend, neighbor, etc. People are scum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I74

Sorry about your losses Eagle, hope you get them back.

I work part time @ Lowes, & was checking out the heavy gauge - ''Master cable locks'' the other day.
They seem pretty stout, & I plan on locking both of mine together , with the cable also running thru a hefty threaded eyelet bolt that runs into double wall studs.

Check eBay as well. Someone broke into my car stole gps and then turned it in for cash to a local eBay seller. I had original box, seen it on eBay and won. Did pickup with cops. They were surprised. Hope you find them.

I74

Bummer man, hit the local pawn shops, Craigslist, and any of the bike shops in the area.
One of my garages got broken into a few years back, & some @$$ hole stole my Dewalt drill set. ect. ect.
I stopped down at the local Pawn shop 2 days later, & asked them if they got in a specific Dewalt drill set in the last day or so, with silver overspray paint on the case.
Well guess what,, there it was.
A known meth head/ thief, brought it in & sold it to them for 10 bucks.

Thanks to all of you Guys for the replies. I've been looking around, Pawn shops, Craigslist, Ebay, etc. but haven't seen anything. The local cops have been arresting young guys from a local crime gang one at a time who have been operating all around here stealing stuff like mine, Minis, quad-runners, mostly wheeled Rec vehicles, so maybe they'll find their stash. Joe51, you've probably been reading about these guys, it started with the theft of a Hummer from Werner Mower with a resulting Shoot-out in Durand park. The guy is young and will be in an adult Prison after he's convicted so he's going to get a special kind of justice while in the big house.

We are in Spencerport, right off of Manitou Rd and stuff getting stolen is a huge problem over here. I have all of my bikes on our shed and I worry about someone getting in. I have security cameras all over my property. Last year I rebuild a spare rearend for my 63 Falcon. Had it on the side of my garage for one day until I could make room in my shed. Yup you guessed it, gone!!! I know it was scrappers. They come through our neighborhood all the time.
I will keep my eye out for your bikes. I'm on Craigslist all the time.
Bob

I will keep an eye out for anything that pops up in my area. I am about an hour west of you. I have cameras watching the garage and shed at my house, we have some car searchers that check your car doors around here at night.

I74

I would pretty much say it's a safe bet that the person - persons stealing around there, are into Meth,, & or some other type of stuff...

Bad news !!

Anybody got info on those tracking devices you can attach to things I think some are called tile(?). Surveillance is important but finding out where this stuff ends up is a greater deterrent. Stop the market for stolen goods and the stealing will stop or at least slow down...Theoretically ...

I know the pain, my first two mini bikes in life were stolen almost fifty years ago and to be honest I still haven't quite gotten over it.

Last edited:

I74

I fly R/C - 'fixed wing aircraft'', & because of certain ''A -hole'' Drone users ect.,, I had to register with the FAA ect.
Anyway,,
now they are trying to pass a mandate, that you have to have transponders in each your planes...
Am thinking that those might work also for other personal property...…
From what I' am gathering ''so far'',, the transponders are going to be around 20 - 30 bucks each.
There is not much info yet, but think if these have long life batts, & you could hide them on a Mini bike - ''in the seat foam ect''., I think they would probably be pretty good for tracking..

Question is though,,

Who's all tracking them ??……….

Last edited: