Stretched Frame Build Up

hey scottisha,
:thumbsup: on the stretch dude, just my 2cents, next time u weld, do not grind ur welds, that can weaken them alot, and most people grind welds to hide ugly, and ur welds looked good to me for a newb, lol!

hey scottisha,
:thumbsup: on the stretch dude, just my 2cents, next time u weld, do not grind ur welds, that can weaken them alot, and most people grind welds to hide ugly, and ur welds looked good to me for a newb, lol!
Good advice...You can see my crappy weld where the front of the seat is.

Thanks for all the compliments and feedback.
Rode it today with my 4 yr old son and then also with my 7 yr old nephew. They loved it!

The exhaust has not discolored a bit and i easily have 5 hours of hard fast riding on it, since the build.

Scott

Seems like someone should offer this service - send them your frame and for say $150.00 they stretch the frame for you ? How about it Pro Mod ? add powder coating as well. I think it sell cause not everyone is as talented as this member.

Flyier

buckeye

Thanks for the link. I need a welder and skills. The one for the h50 sure would look good on mt Thunderbolt. Also need the lotto. Man, I could spend so much cash.

Seems like someone should offer this service - send them your frame and for say $150.00 they stretch the frame for you ? How about it Pro Mod ? add powder coating as well. I think it sell cause not everyone is as talented as this member.

Flyier
i build drag frames, and currently have a 30, im gonna do some drag upgrades to, such as stretch, pegs, wheelie bars forks, and want to do it as a "core" swap....in the works my man:thumbsup:

I have an extra Hydraulic Brake assembly I could let go. It has never been mounted. Brand new in the wrapper. I could send it Priority Mail if you want? $65.00 delivered Culver City, CA.

TT

I don't plan to stretch mine but do plan to tilt and gusset the engine plate about at the center where the factory welded the tubing. A wedge welded to the plate and the tubing will eliminate the flex in the plate which is pronounced in DBs. I want a TAV and there is no room so I will make room. On a stretched frame gusseting is prudent IMO, the entire frame flexes as is the nature of structures made from tubing but you can minimize it. Old vintage minibikes show their design flaws over time, nearly all Arco Bushwhackers break just behind the engine plate due to the length of the bottom tube and the break occurs in the center of the minibike. I have been concerned about mine because I ride the crap out of it and I'm 200# so I'm going to over-engineer it as I do most things. I'd gusset a stretched bike without question.:thumbsup:

How is the riding position compared to the original. i noticed you didnt relocate the footpegs. im thinking of doing a similar sretch but probably behind the engine plate. Anyone have an idea about this? i figure a stretch behind the plate would helkp to ensure more weight up front for when the bike pulls hard and could possibly deter a wheelie.. feed back?

Wow, very nice skills, all your bikes look great! I do love the stretch job you performed, it makes sense were you chose to lengthen the frame. :thumbsup:
Now you have me thinking of stretching my ct200 Coleman which in my opinion is just a larger version of that bike if I'm not wrong?

Last edited: