Stripped bolt advise

Doc1976

I'd go for the vice grips. Looks like there is quite a bit of material to get ahold of. I assume that's penetrating oil on there?

Wbcor

Manchester 1,
Try heat. Propane torch. The nut doesn't have to get too hot. Just cycle it; hot/cool/hot/cool 4 or 5 times. Doing do breaks the "rust bond." You can use PB Blaster in between as an option.
If that doesnt work, you can use the dremel first cutting a grove then the chisel and if that doesnt work then dremel all the way through.
Regards,
Bill

capguncowboy

If you have a welder, you could try welding a nut onto it, and get a better bite with a socket and/or wrench.

Edit- the more I look at that, I wonder if that “nut” is pressed into the arm, and the bolt just threads into it?
So maybe it’s supposed to stay in the arm, and the bolt just unthreads?
Just spitballing here
that might explain why the guard is bent the way it is.

ELT

Take a chisel and split the nut. You won't have to go all the way through the nut. As you get a vee mark in the nut you are expanding the nut and loosening it. It may turn with one vee in it but it you make two vee's it will be loose. A six point socket should turn it right off.

If you have never owned a pair of the Knipex Alligator grip pliers you should. If you can get a bite on the hut with them they will out perform any Vice Grip plier that you try. Once locked on they bite harder the more you push without crushing the nut like a vice grip does. You can astually release the bottom handle once they lock on as it self tightens. I have a pair that are 35 years old and they have never failed me in a ruff spot. They are available in lots of places. Here is a link to get you started.

KNIPEX Alligator 3-Pack Tongue & Groove Plier Set in the Plier Sets department at Lowes.com

I have to agree with MASS. The nut does look crimped into the arm.

Got it. Good old vise grips and a week of soaking. Now there is a stripped bolt/Phillips head that holds the side cover on. Well, not really holding on the cover as it is broken.

Glad you got that swingarm bolt out!

Side cover- ouch
Usually I would use an impact driver on stuff like that, but that is pretty bad.
Could try cutting a slot across the head and using an impact driver with a flathead bit.
Or just try drilling it out or grinding the head off.
Since it is unlikely that you would be reusing that fastener.
just my .02