Strocker motor

vwfan79

In the hole .030, it's like being flush and using a .030 head gasket. I'm a little nervous about the gasket situation but we will see how it goes.

THe head gasket bores sit well out side the bore space, that's good, the gasket face will be back from the line of fire, should live.

Going for the sleeper look with clean parts on a scruffy block, sneaky.

Doing what I can to make this thread as informative as possible. I'm kinda learning as I go on some of this stuff. I'm thinking I might go with a tiliston carb instead of the flat slide mikuni.
I ordered 2 .045 fiber head gaskets with fire rings for a 3" bore. I also got a can of copper gasket sealer spray to seal the gaskets together. I figured if there are any imperfections in the head or block deck the fiber would seal them better then the copper. Gaskets were $25 a piece and the sealer was $12 from nr racing.
big bore fire ring gaskets, from cometic, or NR? great thread... great project!

vwfan79

The numbers I'm looking for are e.t.s in the 9s and speeds 70. I will be posting video when I get it running and no dyno don't have access to one.

vwfan79

My carb came in a week ago haven't bolted it on yet or fired the motor yet been busy working on a chassis for it. Just need a few pieces and the chassis will be ready. Here's the carb and a mock up of the chassis.