Super bronc super find

I agree, real nice find James !

Look at all that original equipment on there....braking system, drivetrain, lights, kill/light switch, seat, optional auxillary tank, large forks with 22 inch front tire...:drool:

It looks like you literally just need to find you a tecumseh 8 or 10 hp engine w/ lighted coil, bolt it on, with a a torque converter driver, and belt...and you'll be riding :scooter: :thumbsup:

You're going to love it.....these bikes can't decide whether they want to be an atv, a tractor, a plow, or a street bike....you wait till you ride it...you'll see what I mean :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It's a vt-10 model. I know I'm really excited about it that's all I need literally is a motor and I'm cruising. Although I do need a rear tire for it the one on it won't keep air. I got the clutch cover with logo still on it also. It only has the clutch brake it doesn't have any brake system on the wheels.

Last edited:
Mine is a vt-8 with the smaller forks. It has the clutch brake, and the front brake on the wheel.

My clutch brake does great....especially since my buddy created a stop for the assembly, to prevent it from 'floating' like it does stock, and a return spring to open it back up. (before then, it used to lock up occasionally when braking....now it's smooth and controlled.)

The front brake, I've not ever hooked up though, since Ron Campbell at Powertec (a former Heald engineer) explained the front brake was done to meet DOT requirements that it had a front brake....but that it was not very effective in slowing the bike down :laugh:

Now that I remember I have that front brake, I'll have to get me a cable, and a new brake handle for that side and hook it up.

heres that mount on the gas tank. It looks to me like theres three bolts that go through that plate and sandwhiches the plate and tank to the frame. I havnt had it off but I thinks that's how its on. I would think it would be welded because it was an extra accessory.

heres that mount on the gas tank. It looks to me like theres three bolts that go through that plate and sandwhiches the plate and tank to the frame. I havnt had it off but I thinks that's how its on. I would think it would be welded because it was an extra accessory.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Now to find a tank.

Joker... I sounds like you caught the Super Bronc bug. Once we get them going we are need to get together for a ride. Here is my Super Bronc collection: Super Bronc Left Side.JPG Plymouth Super Bronc.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate it. Now to find a tank.
Hey Joker....I know a couple years ago, Ron at Powertec still had some of those optional auxillary tanks NOS. I've not inquired recently though. Check them out...he may just have one.

If not, ping Chatten63....he's our resident Heald Guru...and he may very well know where you could find a tank ?