Super bronc vt10 restore

Hey all my bronc has been apart for couple years now and time to finish it . Been working on it lately , got myself a blaster did frame a month ago got it primed in duplicolor self eching primer . Yesterday got engine sheet metal blasted and other small items , also chrome on fenders had a lot of rust and rear shocks but hit them lightly with the ground glass and they look pretty good . They will work till i can have them chromed . Will get stuff in primer today ,I have pics in my photos and also have complete instructions that came with org. bike if anyone needs help.

Well its great to see all the interest in my build . Back to the build got most everything painted this week , will be painting frame tomorrow if weather permits . all metal has been glass blasted, the stuff from northern works great doesn't damage sheet metal. well here are some pics. :scooter:

Nice

Very nice! My co worker is putting together 2 VT8's right now, One he rescued from the steel recyclers and 1 at a swap meet. I got a chance to ride one, Impressive!!

Little update had major setback today had frame painted , did it thursday and had two coats on and it looked perfect put on a little more and when i came back it had a matte finish to it so i waited till today and wet sanded it this morning went to spray it and it start to wrinkle . So paint was fu-ked had to strip it off this afternoon.

Trailram i am using rustolem the stuff looked unreal till i put the third coat on then went to crap the forks look great and all the small pieces look just amazing . But i tried to blast it off with blast glass but was to gummy and was going to take a lot of blast glass. So i went with paint stripper and it just fell off. Got it cleaned up sanded and primed with self etching primer, will paint tomorrow .

Well jesse time to get going , my bike has been apart for 2 plus years . And just recently got my brother interested in minibikes . And as most know now bought rockwalls powell so now its on to get my bronc going.

I have a VT8 sitting in my basement which my uncle gave me. Now is the time to start working on it.

Plan on getting started in a week or so. My goal is to get it in good running/operating condition. It needs the seat repaired, a new carburator and muffler. Will postpone a complete renewal for next summer.

Well update y'all may think I'am a half wit but I striped my frame for the third time yesterday . I wasn't happy with the paint , its in primer again and will get sprayed today. I also got my honda 50 fork boots ordered and should be here first of the week. Still need brake lining material for rear brake . And have gotten engine together , but need to get carb rebuilt .

David, if the paint job was was not to your liking by all means redo it! I would, if I didn't like it! Just wondering did you have to brace the engine mounting plate? Mine is cracked in a few places so I will have to brace up mine!

Ken