Super Bronc vt1015 - don't buy from a plumber

Fourtogo

Had to modify the jackshaft U bracket. Frankly, it was just too short. Needed to be 2.5 inches wider. Otherwise the portion of the jackshaft that holds the sprocket for the chain would hang out 2.5 inches. seemed like a lot of stress on the bearing and perhaps could bend the jackshaft. i think this problem was invented by me though. I put the sprocket on the opposite side (compared to the torque converter.) I thought this was a good idea, and how it should be, because there was an original chain cutout in the motor plate (which made me believe this is original.)

But i think what really happened was they used a comet torque converter that bolts to the motor, and the chain hangs on that. No jackshaft needed! But i had this jackshaft U plate, so figured i would use it. Besides, it holds my brake system.

I cut the U jackshaft plate in half, and welded in a 2.5" plate between the two parts. Also welded the rear fender brackets to the jackshaft bracket. Note sure that was a good idea, but i did it.

Got it all mounted and everything lined up and bolted in place (including the brake assembly.) Looks great! But then trouble came... the rear fender. I had broken my rule of "complete assembly before paint", and never mounted the rear fender before. This was a mistake. Because my band brake assembly hit the rear fender! damn...

What i did was a bit of hack, but it worked great. I marked where the band brake assembly was touching the rear fender. Then cut two slots in the fender. Took a metal hockey puck (players practice with these) and a press, and pressed that cut area of the fender with the hockey puck. This put a nice "C" where the band brake was hitting the fender. Then cut some small pieces of metal, and sealed the sides of the indented "C". Installed the fender, and it worked like a champ! Band brake no longer touches the fender. Looks kind of cool too.

Now it's time to work on the exhaust and carb intakes. Bent up some 7/8" stainless steel tube to the exhaust, need to weld it in place to the manifold plate. And make a rear bracket for the exhaust, and a 'harley' style end. No muffler... not sure that's a good idea, but that's what i'm going to do. will probably be loud!! Also mounted a plastic TC cover. Had to modify it a bit because it was too short. I know it's blue, i will change that soon to another color...

Attachments